Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for providing analytic support across the organization to enable better data-driven decision making and planning by senior management. As part of the ‘Business Intelligence’ function, the Analyst will assist with:
- Establishing an enterprise-wide approach to data management.
- Improving information accessibility and horizontal information sharing across the organization.
- Creating a unified and integrated view of our core data aligned with main institutional objectives.
- Streamlining manual report generation through a combination of automation and outsourcing/offshoring.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Play key role in cross-functional reporting and analytics efforts across multiple business units.
- Identify reporting needs and create/improve daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Assemble and summarize data, make presentations of findings, and provide recommendations for cost savings and process improvement to senior management.
- Conduct trending, forecasting, predictive modeling to identify patterns and get to the root causes.
- Develop and maintain reports and metrics to track employee performance management.
- Document and update existing standard operating procedures, process maps and org charts.
- Standardize cross-departmental data definitions, KPIs, and calculations.
- Share knowledge, expertise and best practices with new and existing analysts throughout the company.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
Skills & Core Attributes Required:
Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into snapshots appropriate for senior management use.
Ability to analyze data and understand business needs to recommend additional or improved ways to view the business.
Experience with creating dashboards using BI Tools (i.e. PowerBI or Tableau)
Ability to work with SQL databases (i.e. T-SQL)
Detail and deadline oriented, flexible to rapid change.
Strong operational, organizational, analytical, and technical skills.
Analytical thinker/mind-set with proven ability to solve complex problems.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, specifically an ability to communicate effectively with senior management.
Proven experience with MS office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
Advanced Excel (formulas, Pivot Tables, Charting/Visualizations, Reporting and Dashboard building experience, VBA a plus)
Demonstrated ability to learn new computer systems.
Experience with financial and operational modeling.
Forecasting and statistical modeling (i.e. R, SAS, SPSS)
Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in business, process, and operations initiatives. Advanced math and statistical skills.
- Education Industry and call center experience a plus.
- Minimum of Bachelors degree in Business, Economics, Math, Accounting or Finance