Purpose of the Position
The Analyst, Finance & Analytics will join a fast-pace team that provides financial and operational analysis to support key strategic, operational and financial decisions across the organization. The team works closely with senior executives and the Board of Directors on key priorities facing the organization.
A successful candidate will have strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, a passion for data, a high level of motivation and curiosity to find solution, ability to learn quickly and to consistently deliver a high quality work product.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and conduct data analysis to support the identification, evaluation, and resolution of strategic opportunities
- Identify creative ways to solve problems that create value
- Analyze large quantities of data quickly and accurately
- Engage with cross functional stakeholders to gather data and develop insights; help deliver insights and recommendations to senior executives
- Prepare analytical reports to communicate findings and insights to internal teams—to drive action and quantifiable business outcomes
- Measure, track and report results of initiatives that are underway
- Identify reporting needs and create/improve daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Participate in additional projects as they arise
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
- Undergraduate degree, with quantitative focus (e.g., Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, Physics) from a top school (required)
- Personal time-management skills and a bias for action (required)
- Excellent communicator – speaks and writes clearly and to the point (required)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel expertise (required)
- Knowledge in SQL and R or other programming and statistical tools (preferred)
- Proven ability to maintain and build models and interpret large data sets, generating relevant insights/recommendations a plus (required)
- Ability to problem-solve independently and take ownership of projects (required)
- Detail-oriented—careful and thorough in accomplishing tasks (required)
- 3-4 years of relevant experience (required)