Purpose of the Position
Assist in the seamless operations of team managed continuing medical education (CME) activities, communicating with appropriate internal departments, external partners, systems, vendors, and venues to bring an activity to fruition. Recommend and assist in changes in process and procedures as they relate to the overall implementation of CME activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Meeting Manager, manage client relations, coordinate budget preparation, budget management, contract negotiation and cost control of small activities (i.e. 75 people for evening dinner symposia, forums etc.).
- Under the supervision of the Meeting Manager, oversee all meeting logistics, pre- and post-activity and on-site for small activities (i.e. 75 people or less) including faculty invitation and follow-up, venue contracting, menu selection, onsite registration and evaluations.
- Assist Meeting Manager with arrangements of mid-size to large educational events including but not limited to; faculty, fellows and special guest invitations and follow-up communication, faculty database management, rooming lists, meeting specifications, signage, ground transportation and social events
- Manage the scientific abstract process, including submission, review, coordinating with relevant staff to work on the abstract supplement, pre-and onsite management of posters and authors
- Prepare succinct activity minutes
- Process activity expenses including faculty honoraria and activity expense reimbursement, audio visual invoices etc.
- Follow up on payment of outstanding activity invoices (including vendors and exhibitor sales and marketing purchases)
- Assist with activity close out file within 8 weeks of meeting.
- Assist marketing department to finalize and proof all educational activity communications and materials.
- Assist marketing department by managing the routing process of all marketing material and compiling all edits and comments for the designer
- Assist marketing department to coordinate the production of digital and print onsite collateral (directional signage, slides, key cards, lanyards, meeting bags, pocket guide etc).
- Assisting the marketing department with website updates and creating and sending of emails
- Maintain working knowledge of ACCME Standards, essentials and guidelines and implement these throughout the planning process
- Provide prompt and polite customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Attend meetings as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Recent graduate or up to two years minimum experience in medical meetings
- Experience with abstracts a plus
- Fluent in all social media platforms
Associated Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of all facets of meeting management including site selection, contracts negotiation, exhibits management and audio-visual production.
- Knowledge of budgeting and cost control principles.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well independently and as well as part of a team
- The ability to maintain composure and professionalism during stressful situations.
- Articulate and confident with robust listening skills and diplomacy
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times.
- Demonstrate reliability and dependability, consistently meeting deadlines
- Being, punctual and reporting to work and meetings on time and following established guidelines for regular working hours.
- Advanced skills in all Microsoft Office products, strong communication skills, along with the willingness to pitch in and support others, as needed, are essential.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.