Purpose of the Position
Responsible for providing administrative, coordination and project management support for the enhancement and implementation of departmental and interdepartmental initiatives. This position will work professionally and collaboratively with team members and other key stakeholders within the department in support of efficiency enhancements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the coordination of departmental and interdepartmental project plans.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time and within scope.
- Hold key project members accountable for completing individual tasks accurately and timely.
- Track and analyze projects’ performance, expenditures and report any possible or current obstacles, risks, overflows or deficits.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objections, involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Collect management requirements and tasks and input it into a centralized project plan.
- Keep all project plans up-to-date with current notes, statuses and additional action items.
- Attend meetings, take diligent notes and provide post-meeting follow-up (when applicable.)
- Assist with communication on any project changes to key stakeholders.
- Perform quality assurance against any project tasks completed.
- Ability to liaise with other departments at the Executive level to provide support with sponsored projects.
- Close project and documentation and provide deliverables to Director of Operations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director and Director of Operations.
- Associates Degree required
- Past experience in an administrative/project management role preferred.
- Experience with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) required
Associated Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High energy, entrepreneurial self-starter who works well in a complex, fast-paced, demanding and constantly changing environment.
- Strong communication skills; able to communicate both verbally and in writing and be comfortable communicating with managers, executives and outside agencies.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a high pressure environment with timeline pressures.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and presentation skills.
- Highly motivated, detail oriented with an outgoing and confident attitude.
- Dynamic, high energy personality.
- Committed with strong follow-up skills.
- High level of computer proficiency.
- Ability to learn rapidly and adapt to a dynamic business arena
- Creative mindset with ability to identify new business opportunities and products.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.