Purpose of the Position
The Operations Manager will be responsible for managing a team of 0-10 team members while also providing analytic support across the organization to enable better data-driven decision making and planning by senior management. The Manager will assist with:
- Establishing an enterprise-wide approach to data management.
- Improving information accessibility and horizontal information sharing across the organization.
- Creating a unified and integrated view of our core data aligned with main institutional objectives.
- Streamlining manual report generation through a combination of automation and outsourcing/offshoring.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work effectively and cooperatively with other departments across the organization. Foster and maintain operative relationships with cross functional partners.
- Successfully use all forms of written and oral communication to guarantee that messages are delivered in a clear and concise manner.
- Ensure that all Operations projects and processes are in alignment with the values and mission of the organization.
- Create and execute project plans to meet the deadlines and objectives set by leadership. Maintain a clear line of communication with the necessary stakeholders to provide status updates as required.
- Ensure complex system processes are working properly and correct any system errors found. Regulate workflow and ensure it meets the project objectives.
- Serve as liaison between Operations and other departments within the organization. Provide information and technical direction to address situations or concerns that arise.
- Prepare and deliver thorough staff performance evaluations and provide recognition for employees performing well.
- Quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations
- Monitor operations to ensure practices are in compliance with all federal, state, accreditation and corporate regulations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
- Education Industry and call center experience a plus (preferred)
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree (required)
- Must not have a federal student loan appearing on the NSLDS database with an unresolved default status reported. (required)
- Advanced math and statistical skills (required)
- Track record of insightful reporting (i.e. T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS, PowerBI, etc.) to drive operational impact (required)
- Minimum of 1 year in a Management position (preferred)
Associated Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong communication skills; able to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into snapshots appropriate for senior management use.
- Ability to analyze data and understand business needs to recommend additional or improved ways to view the business.
- Direct experience with creating dashboards using BI Tools (i.e. PowerBI or Tableau)
- Experience with SQL databases (i.e. T-SQL)
- Leads and manages with a results focused mentality.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a high-pressure environment with timeline pressures
- Advanced Excel (formulas, Pivot Tables, Charting/Visualizations, Reporting and Dashboard building experience, VBA a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to learn new computer systems
- Proven experience with MS office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.