Purpose of the Position
Responsible for, but not limited to, providing assistance to new students in their development and ongoing achievement of education goals, providing students with academic planning services based on program requirements and support services, and promoting student success and retention through effective communication, service, and support.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives new students entering various programs and performs welcome calls to ensure student satisfaction with their ability to access academic support, financial aid, Classroom Support, and other student resources.
- Maintains single point of support for students through their first and second course.
- Ensures new students are comfortable with LMS navigation and basic LMS functions.
- Contacts students on a regular basis to build and maintain rapport and serves as the student’s advisor and first point of contact to ensure questions are answered and concerns are resolved.
- Provides guidance to at-risk students to ensure student success.
- Provides on-going student retention efforts.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Calls students to procure proper forms and paperwork as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
- Minimum of Associates degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2-4 years experience in student services, academic advising, or education.
Associated Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong customer service.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Sense of commitment, with strong follow-up skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Dynamic, high-energy personality and positive attitude.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.