Purpose of the Position
The Learner Services Manager is responsible for, but not limited to, managing the day-to-day operations of Student Services with a focus on retaining and graduating students.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies retention risk indicators and proactively work to keep students in school and generating revenue for the academy.
- Analyzes student data to identify, forecast, and improve retention metrics.
- Develops Student Services toolkit to help team manage student outcomes.
- Manages withdrawal, Leave of absence, cancel transfer, and re-entry processes for online program.
- Works closely with product and curriculum development team to ensure that our programs are student focused and enable our students to succeed in the classroom and upon graduation.
- Identifies, sells up, and executes student retention projects across organization including acquisition team.
- Continues to educate the organization around retention and financial impact of their efforts/ processes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
- Minimum of Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- BS in business or Master’s degree preferred.
- Must have achieved Associate status for 1 plus year(s) (2 years strongly recommended).
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience managing a student services function for a large online institution.
- Call center experience a plus.
- Experience with MS office suite including Excel, Project, Visio, HTML a plus
Associated Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong operational, organizational, analytical, and communication skills.
- Intermediate financial and operational modeling skills preferred.
- Disciplined, able to pay close attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives concurrently.
- Detail and deadline oriented, flexible to rapid change.
- Highly motivated and able to motivate others.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.