Purpose of the Position
This position is responsible for assisting in the processing of bi-weekly payroll for a mid-sized company utilizing Ultipro Time Management software. This position works closely with cross functional departments including Human Resources and Finance.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with processing of bi-weekly payroll
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Excel to format and import files
- Resolve any timesheet conflicts
- Create and run detailed time and attendance reports
- Prepare manual checks
- Resolve employee inquiries
- Process new hires via Ultipro
- Upload documents in to employee profile
- Garnishments, direct deposits, job status change.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Manage work flow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Run Adhoc reports as needed.
- Assist with projects and all other assigned duties given by manager.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
- High School Diploma is required, Associate degree is preferred
- 1 - 2 years of progressive payroll experience
- Knowledge of payroll software
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Associated Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Unyielding attention to detail and timeliness; strives for a high degree of excellence in work quality and execution
- Dedication to process improvement
- Regular contact with those inside and outside of the company to obtain and exchange information requiring interpretation of data. Requires good interpersonal skills and judgment. Able to work well with all levels of the organization
- Problem Solving / Decision Making
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to stay focused in stressful situations
- Heavy team-orientation (willing to do whatever is requested of the person or team; has a good sense of patience and humility); results oriented
- Quick learner; self-motivated
- Superior integrity
- Flexible to change (e.g. workload, responsibilities, and organizational structure)
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.