Purpose of the Position
Ultimate Medical Academy Education, Inc. is seeking an analyst for its growing Strategic Initiatives team at the Tampa, FL Headquarters. The Strategic Initiatives team analyzes industry trends identifies and executes upon key opportunities for growth, including revenue growth, business and process improvement, and strategic partnerships.
This team aligns closely with senior leadership to develop and implement meaningful institutional as well as not-for-profit strategies. The Strategic Initiatives Analyst must have excellent analytic, organization and communication skills. Multi-tasking while maintaining strong attention to detail is crucial in our fast-paced environment. Strategic initiatives objectives include several key pillars: organizational improvement, strategic planning and regulatory matters that are critical business functions.
You will be reporting directly to the Associate and Manager of strategic initiatives for all day to day activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Support UMA’s ongoing assessment of student outcomes and organizational performance through both recurring and ad hoc survey analysis. Support analysis and development of materials to be share with senior leadership. Help drive growth and achievement of key performance metrics across student outcomes (retention and placement).
- Support ad-hoc qualitative and quantitative financial analysis around new business initiatives and markets.
- Interface with the Strategic Initiatives team and senior leadership on analysis required to evaluate operations and develop ongoing strategic plans including new market research, competitive benchmarking and statistical analysis of organizational initiatives
- Assess and develop strategies to meet regulatory requirements in the most efficient and compliant manner.
- Support and develop presentation materials to deliver research summaries to cross-functional stakeholders.
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and carefully follow all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicate, both written and verbally to all levels of the business.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
- Bachelor’s degree from top-tier university in: applied math, statistics, finance, economics, computer science, business, social and behavioral science, or related area of study, required
- 2-4 years of experience in corporate finance, strategy, marketing, consulting or related field, preferred
Associated Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong communication skills, specifically an ability/willingness to communicate effectively with senior management
- Tenacious work ethic
- Self-motivated, driven individual with demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated critical problem solving skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills, experience with financial models/advanced Excel a major plus
- Statistical modeling experience; working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; programming expertise (such as SQL, SAS, VBA, and R)
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into summaries appropriate for senior management use
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment