Purpose of the Position
The main responsibilities of the Marketing Specialist will include contributing to email campaigns through and email best practices, helping manage inbound email responses to campaigns, database segmentation and marketing personalization, supporting departments through marketing campaigns and best practices.
This is a critical role for the success of our school and our students. You will be responsible for helping implement much of the ground work that will contribute to building a great brand and facilitating a community of engagement. Your work will help to generate prospective student leads, improve student engagement and contribute to the building of the UMA brand both locally and nationwide.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze campaign results and ROI and provide campaign reports
- Manage day to day communication with the Marketing Automation Team (e.g. resolve issues, document challenges, create roadmaps, facilitate collaborative brainstorming sessions, etc.)
- Identify and test new and innovative growth opportunities to deliver on company goals
- Review performance metrics while ensuring learnings are shared and integrated into team’s workflow.
- Prospect for new opportunities, evaluate proposals and make recommendations
- Provide supporting research for new product launches
- Daily, weekly, monthly reporting assistance
- Leverage existing email templates and create new email campaigns
- Send emails through Salesforce Marketing Cloud and track results
- Ensure messaging is up-to-date, on-brand and meets compliance requirements
- Ensure appropriate coordination of new campaign development to reduce repetition of work across marketing teams
- Manage and maintain documentation, SOP’s and awareness campaigns
General / Legal Disclosures
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the compliance department.
- Bachelor’s degree (marketing, business, communications or info systems preferred)
- Minimum of two years working full-time in marketing
- Understanding of email marketing best practices, including deliverability, responsive design and A/B testing
- Strong people and customer service skills
- Mature problem-solving skills for triage of complicated business logic
Associated Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Google Analytics
- ExactTarget/Salesforce Marketing or similar marketing automation technology
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Reporting and analysis (Excel dashboards, Google Analytics)
- Understanding of relational database, simple queries and formulas