Purpose of the Position
The Marketing & Sales Manager will work closely with the internal team to translate goals from medical education plans to develop, manage and execute strategic and effective marketing campaigns for ACCME-accredited medical education programs; Develop and foster strong relationships with exhibitors (key personnel at medical-device/pharmaceutical companies) to help understand and manage their expectations in order to increase their return on investment, reinforce the importance of our programs and enhance their overall experience. The ideal candidate must be able to think strategically, plan and execute on content and audience-based marketing. Must be detailed oriented and have a passion for sales and marketing. Proficiency in Print marketing, E-mail marketing tools (Exact Target, Mail Chimp, Emma or similar), Content Management Systems (Wordpress, Joomla), Social Media Platforms (HootSuite, Google Analytics), Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is also required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, manage and execute marketing campaigns including budgets, direct mail, journal advertising, tradeshow marketing, digital and social media for the purpose of generating attendee and exhibitor registration
- Manage projects and traffic each job from conception to completion. Serve as a liaison between graphic designer, project manager and compliance to ensure project timelines, budgets are maintained and brand, content and messaging align and are consistent.
- Draft content for direct mail, print and digital copy (i.e. postcards, brochures, exhibitor prospectus, onsite collateral and emails)
- Work with list brokers and printer as needed to distribute direct mail pieces
- Purchase and trade advertising with medical journals, magazines and conferences
- Staff exhibit booths and/or attend other ACCME accredited medical educational program to promote activities and engage with external partners and stakeholders
- Ensure that marketing efforts adhere to current compliance regulations and organizational standards for quality.
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing communications.
- Coordinate with developers to create and launch websites with optimal layout and aesthetic values for educational activities
- Draft and compile website content based on the needs of learners and industry partners
- Maintain website content to ensure it remains current and effective
- E-mail Campaigns
- Plan, develop and launch e-marketing campaigns including testing, reporting and analytics
- Develop and optimize lead nurturing campaigns based on segmented contact lists and tailored e-mails based on recipients' interests and needs
- Social Media Platforms
Create and implement social media strategies aimed at growing educational activities
Develop new methods to engage students on social platforms
Maintain and update activities’ website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and other social media platforms.
- Develop and implement keyword strategies based on physician target audience and scientific areas of interest
- Assess and alter strategies based on a comprehensive understanding of analytics
- Increase ranking and traffic on activity and corporate websites
- Collaborate with project manager and activity course directors to set income and attendance goals
- Develop and foster strong relationships with exhibitors (key personnel at medical-device/pharmaceutical companies) to help understand and manage their expectations and align with activity goals
- Maintain a working knowledge of medical device and pharmaceutical products to sell/upsell available booths and marketing opportunities to industry
- ensure execution of events align to company goals and objectives.
- Manage industry purchases by keeping track of any set limits and space availability, such as booths, educational sessions and promotional items.
- Contract and maintain decorator requirements – service kit, exhibit floor plan, and other exhibit forms
- Assign booth numbers and floor space
- Oversee on-site setup and tear down of exhibit space as needed
- Development and production of purchased marketing collateral
- Pre-and post-activity reporting, analysis and reconciliation
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field required
- 8-10 years relevant work experience preferred
- Medical education experience preferred
Associated Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to succeed in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere.
- Strive to constantly stay at the forefront of industry best practices and determine opportunities to implement.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.