Purpose of the Position
The Regulatory Affairs Associate is responsible for assisting with the preparation and completion of regulatory agency documentation (ABHES, CIE and other state regulatory agencies) and completing tasks assigned to meet regulatory agency deadlines. Assists the Manager of Regulatory Affairs and the Senior Director of Regulatory Affairs with campus accreditation site visit preparation. The associate provides other various support to the Compliance Department as assigned.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the preparation and completion of regulatory agency applications and documentation such as accreditation and licensure renewal applications, new program applications, program modification applications, improvement plans, regulatory agency responses and self-study applications.
- Ensure institutional and agent bonds are maintained and accurate; requests new or revised bonds as necessary
- Collaborate with the Admissions and Learner Services departments to secure and maintain state agent permits
- Monitor legislative and regulatory proposals and assess their impact to existing operations
- Audit and maintain administrator files for UMA leadership to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Conducts research as assigned regarding regulatory agency standards and requirements.
- Maintain departmental charts to track approvals, externship, faculty and hiring status according to state requirements
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
- 1-3 years of experience in regulatory applications preferred
- Undergraduate degree in business or related field, preferred
- Strong operations, organizational, analytical and technical skills
- Disciplined, able to pay extremely close attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work with moving deadlines
- Detail and deadline oriented, flexible to rapid change
- Highly motivated and able to motivate others
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and project management skills
- Experience with MS Office Suite including Excel, AdobePro; experience with CampusVue preferred
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Requires long periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer
- Requires occasional bending, stooping and squatting
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs.