Purpose of the Position
To ensure that all Student Finance departments remain in compliance when determining, awarding, disbursing, and returning FSA funds and to provide periodic quality assurance evaluations of our current processes and procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives, reviews, and approves student files for origination.
- Returns rejected files to the planners.
- Originates federal student loans through Campus Vue.
- Reviews and approves Pell awards for all campuses.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent preferred.
- 1+ years of experience in the finance industry.
- 1+ years of experience in awarding/administering Federal Title IV funds with a proprietary post secondary education institution.
- Comprehensive experience with Campus Vue and/or Microsoft Office.
Associated Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Detail oriented.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Personal integrity and a demonstrated commitment to ethics, morals, legal business practices and standards.
- Flexibility and a self-starter that requires minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.