Purpose of the Position
Responsible for, but not limited to, career services functions and duties for our school as needed to provide resume assistance to all students, externs and graduates. This position is also responsible for providing guidance to our students on their skills set and how to maintain and update their resume.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Write resumes for each student
- Target resumes to the student’s program.
- Schedule appointments and meet with students after completion of their program to review/edit resume.
- Instruct students on how to maintain and update their resume.
- Respond in a timely and professional manner to student questions, comments and concerns regarding the development of their resume.
- Communicate effectively in person, over the phone, and in written correspondence.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and maintain a 95% completion rate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent – Required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in professional resume writing.
- Associates degree or higher preferred.
Associated Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Stay abreast of current industry trends and keyword searches.
- Able to adapt to basic computer systems and evolving requirements.
- Knowledge of MS Word.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Organized with effective problem-solving abilities.
- Attention to detail in grammar, content and correctness of information.
- Excellent command of the English Language.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a high pressure environment with timeline pressures.
- Committed, with strong follow-up skills.
- Past success in servicing customers in a people-oriented industry.
- Dynamic, high-energy personality.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish rapport with a diverse customer base.
- Highly motivated, detail oriented with a can-do attitude.
- Comfortable working independently or in a team environment.
- Positive, outgoing and confident.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.