Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for, but not limited to, identifying and working with students who are eligible for re-entry into their last program of study or into a new program of study and ensuring they go through all required steps to get enrolled back into school with UMA.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate and resolve student inquiries, issues and problems, and ensure appropriate action is taken to the satisfaction of the student and UMA in compliance with policy, procedures and legal requirements.
- Identify students who are eligible for re-entry and coordinate their re-entry date along with all necessary forms and meetings.
- Prompt submission to Registrar of all Re-Entry student status changes, including new enrollment packets and program changes.
- Ensure students who are required to complete an appeal to return to school due to being dismissed from UMA complete and submit their appeal to the Education department for review and appeal approval/denial decision.
- Connect students with Re-Entry Student Finance to ensure all student financial obligations are planned for and met.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agency, state agencies, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance Department.
Skills & Core Attributes Required:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle timeline pressures.
- Committed, with strong follow-up skills.
- Past success in servicing customers in a people-oriented industry.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Comfortable working independently or in a team environment.
- Dynamic, high-energy personality.
- Strong computer and data entry skills with high level of accuracy.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Required: High school diploma or GED plus some higher education coursework completed.
- Preferred: Associates degree or higher.
- Required: Minimum of 1 year customer service experience.
- Preferred: 2-4 years’ experience in admissions, academic advising or other student-facing role.