Purpose of the Position:
This position will work professionally and collaboratively with members of the Online Education Leadership Team including Program Chairs, Associate Program Chairs, Faculty Coordinators, Classroom Analysts, and Deans to develop and facilitate training for new instructors, coordinate and support the mentor-mentee program, and design and deliver continuing professional development for all online faculty and staff to improve instruction and increase student achievement
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs and delivers continuing professional development for all online faculty and staff to improve instruction and increase student achievement.
- Analyzes training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs.
- Refines EDU101 and related new instructor training initiatives.
- Facilitates/instructs at least one EDU101 course every start training for new instructors and related new instructor corporate training initiatives.
- Conducts 30-Day Instructor Evaluations which includes classroom observations, review of quantitative and qualitative performance data to prepare evaluation forms with ratings and written sandwiched feedback.
- Coordinates and supports the online instructor mentor-mentee program including pairing instructors, communicating expectations, supporting positive peer collaboration, and gathering feedback.
- Organizes and maintains version control for electronic content updates for Faculty Resources.
- Measures the effectiveness of training-related initiatives and utilizes data to revise and enhance current and future projects.
- Maintains a training calendar and tracks participation in training-related initiatives and reports metrics based on analysis of the overall offerings.
- Trains management or supervisory staff in techniques and skills for instruction coaching with adjunct faculty members.
- Reviews and evaluates training-related initiatives for compliance with regulatory standards.
- Conducts ongoing research and analysis (e.g. national & local employers, government and regulatory changes, professional associations, allied health industry, etc.) to identify and incorporate best practices into training and ongoing professional development offerings.
- Coordinates activities of training-related initiatives with interrelated activities of other departments or staff to ensure optimum efficiency and compliance with appropriate policies, procedures and specifications.
- Supports the Dean of Online Faculty in areas such as completion of special projects and reports, preparation for and reporting on trainings, in-services, meetings, correspondence, and other special events and duties as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
- Bachelor’s degree with Master’s degree in education preferred
- Experience as an instructor with Blackboard or other LMS platform.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in training and development which should include instructional design experience, proven proficiency with adult learning models, and experience in facilitation of professional training and development programs.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Familiar with MS Project, Blackboard, Learning Management Systems and database applications (e.g., ACCESS) preferred.
Associated Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Upholds the highest standards of conduct, personal honesty and integrity.
- Applies principles of adult learning, learning styles, and various instructional design approaches and processes to the learning content.
- Incorporates experiential learning activities into training and facilitating in order to meet the needs and culture of the audience.
- Designs, implements and reports evaluation of instruction, learning, transfer of learning and program effectiveness.
- Plans and manages multiple projects and work autonomously.
- Consults influences and collaborates with diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrates training results through cost, quality and service metrics.
- Employs interpersonal skills and builds effective working relationships throughout all levels of the organization.
- Prioritizes and organizes high volumes of work, ensuring attention to detail, and accuracy within the required timeframe.
- Thinks and works independently and as a part of a team.
- Strong operational, organizational, analytical, and technical skills.
- Motivates, remains positive, engages team members, and lead by example.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends to accommodate adjunct faculty availability.