Purpose of the Position
Responsible for talent management functions including, but not limited to developing management training plan, responding to employee and skills training needs; proactive planning/scheduling of new hire, product, technical, soft skills, and ongoing professional development training; and communicating training opportunities throughout the organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists and manages the design, development, implementation and continuous improvement of the business unit training programs including Management Development (ongoing publications, training symposiums, development and administration of management learning plans).
- Plans daily operations and outcomes of training; manages employee and management training activities and tasks to achieve organization goals.
- Plans training and development programs, using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, e-learning, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Facilitates New Hire Orientation to all new hires at all levels in various UMA locations.
- Manages the implementation of policies and procedures related to various training and educational programs for employees and managers.
- Documents processes and procedures (i.e. training participant manuals, etc.).
- Confers with functional heads, managers, supervisors and operational training teams to determine training needs; and create effective plans for implementing “best practices” for the ongoing professional development that supports corporate mission, vision, values and goals.
- Manages employee records in the learning management system and partners with leadership and Compliance to ensure all required training is executed and completed timely.
- Implements, maintains and manages a learning process to groom captains, coaches, future leaders and managers in operational and leadership effectiveness.
- Manages accurate employee training records; analyzes data and develops training metrics to build talent and learning effectiveness scorecards for the business.
- Ensures training materials are up to date based on business need and compliance requirements
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, Accrediting Agency, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
- Bachelor's Degree Required.
- Five (5) years of training and development experience which includes instructional design experience, proven proficiency with adult learning models, and experience in facilitation of professional training and development programs required.
- 3 or more years of management experience is preferred.
- Computer skills and equipment
- Efficiently utilize Microsoft Office
- Create and maintain content with the use of authoring tools (Articulate -Storyline, Camtasia, Captivate, Screen Cast-O-Matic, etc)
- Experience with learning technology including the use of author tools and learning management systems preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to apply principles of adult learning, learning styles, and various instructional design approaches and processes to the learning content required and is current with industry standard learning and development practices to impact and develop employees.
- Proven ability to incorporate experiential learning activities into training and facilitation in order to meet the needs and culture of the audience required.
- Proven ability to design, implement and report evaluation of instruction, learning, transfer of learning and program effectiveness required.
Associated Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Superior interpersonal, communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Presentation skills to all levels of organization.
- Interact in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of organization.
- Maintains a positive attitude and high level of enthusiasm and is flexible to rapid change.
- Ability to utilize a variety of methods and media to facilitate instruction.
- Work cooperatively with all levels in the organization; work effectively as part of a positive, high-performing team; and interact with external vendors.
- Establish and maintain employee Learning Management System companywide
- Creative and innovative problem solving skills. Identify and analyze key elements of a situation and exercise critical thinking, problem solving and judgment skills.
- Appropriately prioritizes and organizes to complete all job responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.