Purpose of the Position
Responsible for, but not limited to, career services functions and duties for Online as they relate to providing career services to students, graduates and alumni by building relationships with employers. This position is also responsible for providing counseling to our students on resume writing, interview techniques, and dressing for success.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements marketing plans to achieve graduation employment goals.
- Builds effective relationships with local and regional corporations, non-profit and government organizations and community partners to identify employment opportunities and to promote the school's qualified students, graduates and alumni.
- Cold calls hiring managers to generate interviews for graduates.
- Completes telephone interviews and e-mail correspondence to prospective employers to determine the their employment needs
- Assists students and graduates in securing employment in their field of training.
- Provides career coaching, including seminars and workshops on interviewing techniques and other job search skills training to students and alumni.
- Ensures the up-to-date maintenance of the Career Services database, documentation, reports and students records in accordance with company policies, government regulations and accreditation standards.
- Consistently meets department metrics and quotas including number of dials, talk time, interviews, hires and monthly quota of placed graduates.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in education, career services, staffing or sales.
- Associates degree or higher preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in staffing or career services with 1+ year being in medical staffing or career services in the allied health field preferred.
Associated Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experienced in executive search, employment staffing, career services, out placement services or sales experience in the corporate sector.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a high pressure environment with timeline pressures.
- Experience in cold calling in a production driven environment
- Proven track record in professional sales or business development.
- Committed, with strong follow-up skills.
- Past success in servicing customers in a people-oriented industry.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Comfortable working independently or in a team environment.
- Dynamic, high-energy personality.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish rapport with a diverse customer base.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.