Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for, but not limited to, providing assistance to students in their development and on going achievement of education goals, providing students with academic planning services based on program requirements and support services, and promoting student success and retention through effective communication, service, and support.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Contacts students on a regular basis to build and maintain rapport and serves as the student’s advisor and first point of contact to ensure questions are answered and concerns are resolved.
- Assists students with questions related to course navigation, academic policies, course expectations, technical assistance, and other student support services.
- Provides guidance to at-risk students to ensure student success.
- Provides on-going student retention efforts
- Participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Calls students to procure proper forms and paperwork as needed.
- Develops through knowledge of web properties, processes and policies to be used daily in Learner Services
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
Skills & Core Attributes Required:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Have a sense of commitment, with strong, follow-up skills.
- Must have success in servicing customers in a people-oriented industry.
- Requires basic computer proficiency
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a group setting
- Dynamic, high-energy personality and positive attitude.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Minimum of Associates degree.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in student services, academic advising, or education.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3-5 years of experience in student services, academic advising or online education.