Purpose of the Postion
Assist students with basic questions or connect them with the correct department or resource.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate and resolve student inquiries, issues and problems, and ensure appropriate action is taken to the satisfaction of the student and UMA in compliance with policy, procedures and legal requirements.
- Assist students with how to log into class, walk students through the required steps to reset their login credentials.
- Assist students with contacting their instructor/Student Finance/Academic Facilitation Department/and other student-supporting departments.
- Confirm student book shipments, book type required, and assist student with questions about e-book print on demand features and availability.
- Assist students with LMS navigation and resource discovery.
- Handle calls with a blend of quality and efficiency to ensure service levels are maintained and all incoming calls are serviced appropriately.
- Provide Tier One technical support to students in support of the Learner Services/New Student Advisor roles.
- Advise students’ assigned Learner Services/New Student Advisor of issues, problems, notes, questions, and comments communicated by students.
- Document all call types that come in via the Classroom Support queue.
- Assess student technical and other issues and provide input on improving overall student experience.
- Assist with and facilitate initiatives designed to improve the effectiveness of the Learner Services program and other marketing based programs.
- Provide administrative support to online departments including Learner Services, Registrar, Academics, Student Finance, and Admissions.
- Work with Academics Department to help develop and improve curriculum content, quality and presentation based on issues, needs, and feedback communicated by students.
- Ensure that internal processes are followed and in full compliance with Department of Education regulations and those of other regulatory bodies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, Accrediting Agency, and CIE.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance Department.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Strong organizational and technical skills
- Disciplined, able to pay close attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to support multiple initiatives concurrently
- Detail and deadline oriented, flexible to rapid change
- Highly motivated and able to motivate others
- Experience with MS office suite including Excel, Project, Visio