Purpose of the Position
The Compliance Specialist is responsible for high school validation and maintaining the Proof of Graduation list. In addition to high school validation, this position is will support all areas of federal regulatory reporting requirements responsible for ensuring accurate and timely submissions and publications as outlined in the federal regulations. Federal regulatory reporting includes, but is not limited to, IPEDS Surveys, Consumer Information, Student Right to Know disclosures, Gainful Employment disclosures, Campus Security Surveys, Campus Security disclosures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews and determines if a secondary school, including high schools, GED, or home school, is valid, accredited and meets all requirements for a high school diploma or equivalent
- Maintains the Proof of Graduation List including all high schools, GED, and home schools reviewed
- Responds to tickets and resolves inquiries related to transcript validation
- Audits proof of graduation or equivalent documents collected by the Student Finance POG Team
- Assists with internal and external audits
- Responsible for providing support to the Compliance Department and the company as needed
- Investigates and resolves matters of significance on behalf of management
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, Accrediting agency, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
- Performs other duties as requested
- Completion of post-secondary education, Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Demonstrable experience in working with academic or financial records (preferred)
- Demonstrable experience audits (preferred)
- Strong communication skills; oral, written, computer and interpersonal skills required (preferred)
- A positive approach to all subject matter and a willingness-to-learn attitude required (preferred)
Associated Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed
- May be required to work overtime on certain occasions
- Ability to handle confidential student records due to high level of exposure to student personal data
- Ability to work well and professionally with others and within teams
- Ability to achieve results without explicit daily guidance is expected