Purpose of the Position
We are looking for a detail oriented individual to join a dynamic office environment as a Payroll Manager for a fast-growing company with multiple locations. The Payroll Manager will be responsible for preparing, distributing, and reporting processes.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the timely, accurate and completeness processing of payroll for all divisions on a biweekly basis
- Implements forms and processes to streamline payroll function
- Assists employees and supervisors with payroll issues, and requests for payroll information on a regular basis
- Researches payroll issues/discrepancies, and processes necessary corrections. Complies with the regulatory standards and policies and procedures of payroll for each State
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Payroll Reconciliation for all Pay Groups. Control of year end processes to ensure accuracy of W2s
- Support system upgrades, establishing testing criteria for updates and training/instructions for payroll personnel
- Inputting personnel data for new hires, terminations, rate changes, transfers, bonus, deductions, wage attachments, garnishments, etc.
- Conducting payroll reporting as required, including State and Federal
- Reviewing time sheets to ensure accuracy and verifying hours worked
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
- 3 years of payroll/accounts payable experience
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of applicable software programs
- Ability to work independently, multitasking, prioritizing projects, and meeting deadlines
- Ability to use analytical and research skills in performance of job duties
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships and communications with others
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Strong work ethic, ability/desire to work outside the traditional work schedule
- Ability to maintain strict confidential standards
- Ability to professionally interact with senior management
- Ability to professionally handle stressful situations
- Ability to simultaneously work on and complete multiple assignments on a timely basis
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem management and organization skills
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated individual
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Honest and trustworthy
Associated Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Unyielding attention to detail and timeliness; strives for a high degree of excellence in work quality and execution
- Dedication to process improvement
- Regular contact with those inside and outside of the company to obtain and exchange information requiring interpretation of data. Requires good interpersonal skills and judgment. Able to work well with all levels of the organization
- Problem Solving / Decision Making
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to stay focused in stressful situations
- Heavy team-orientation (willing to do whatever is requested of the person or team; has a good sense of patience and humility); results oriented
- Quick learner; self-motivated
- Superior integrity
- Flexible to change (e.g. workload, responsibilities, and organizational structure)
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.