Purpose of the Position
Working under the direction of the Payroll Manager, this position is responsible for and preparing and accurately administrating over 41,600 checks within a calendar year. The Payroll specialist is accountable to provide high employee service and resolve issues as they arise in the performance of their duties in an efficient manner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Pay Roll Processing: Performs all steps in completing the payroll processing cycle in an accurate and timely manner. Implements forms and processes to streamline payroll function
- Ulti-Pro Platform: Utilizes the payroll platform to process bi-weekly payroll for multiple locations and pay groups. Accountable at time to administer manual checks if warranted to meet employee needs.
- Specialty Pay: Assist in specialized processing (year-end w-2’s), to meet the needs of the business. Apply detailed knowledge of payroll procedures and laws
- Approval Reviews: Reviews time cards for accurate records and uses electronic import into payroll software to process checks. Ensures required signatures are obtained and completes and posts payroll.
- Maintains Payroll Files: Ensures payroll records are updated to reflect proper classification, Title, and databases to reflect personnel payroll changes
- Report Preparation: Prepares files to complete various weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports. Imports and exports report from the accounting and payroll programs for processing.
- Payroll Training: Assists employees and supervisors in understanding our payroll processes, and utilizing the time and attendance modules to process personal pay. Support the business in completing new hire paperwork to join the company.
- Problem Resolution: Researches payroll issues/discrepancies, and processes necessary corrections. Complies with the regulatory standards and policies and procedures of payroll for each State
- Human Resource Controls: Support the business in executing standard operating procedures as it relates to hires, transfers, and separated employees.
- Cross Training: Learn secondary HR processes as required to support the growth of the business; (a) Unemployment compensation; (b) FMLA; (c) exit interviews; and (d) LOA.
- Associates degree in accounting,
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience accepted in lieu of education
Associated Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 3 years of payroll/accounts payable experience
- Knowledge of applicable software programs (Ulti-Pro preferred)
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently, multitasking, prioritizing projects, and meeting deadlines
- Possess the ability to use analytical and research skills in performance of job duties
- Strong technology aptitude, and has Advanced skills in Excel, and Micro soft office products
- Ability to professionally interact with all levels of management
- Ability to maintain strict confidential standards in the treatment of pay and Human Resource issues.
- Complete work with a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Display a strong Service Orientation