Do you evaluate every email in your inbox for best practices? Do you judge companies based upon whether they have a responsive design? Is personalization your middle name? Do you cringe when you get an email that says, “Dear FNAME:”?
If so, then you’re a potential fit for Ultimate Medical Academy’s automation team. UMA is a leader in healthcare education and we need to find that perfect complement to add to our collaborative team. If you’re passionate about marketing automation, email, database marketing and more, read on.
Our school’s marketing team is a highly energetic group of professionals. We are seeking an additional member to help us continue innovating in the field of higher education marketing. You will have the opportunity to work with a knowledgeable and experienced staff leveraging a wide variety of email and marketing automation tools; all while having access to a school with a vibrant and diverse community of learners.
This is a critical role for the success of our school and our students. You will be responsible for helping implement much of the ground work that will contribute to building a great brand and facilitating a community of engagement. Your work will help generate prospective student leads, improve engagement and contribute to building the UMA brand both locally and nationwide.
The ideal candidate has a deep passion for email marketing best practices, customer service and entrepreneurialism.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage administration of marketing campaigns across the cloud, either in each function (email, SMS, Push, Ad studio) or through Automation Studio or Journey Builder.
- Ability to write detailed documentation around processes, procedures, and create/manage day to day work tasks.
- Proficient analytical skills and the ability to use data and market knowledge to continually measure evaluate and optimize products to drive innovation, and maximize efficiency and identify KPIs.
- Lead management, strategic planning & analysis of platform and channel performance to drive optimization.
- Oversee complex campaign workflow rules, data validation, and triggers and drive process improvements and innovations.
- Ownership of deployment processes to streamline campaign execution & development.
- Independently work cross-functionally to drive progress and identify and resolve issues.
- Key escalation point of contact for troubleshooting / first line of support for internal users and stakeholders.
- Deep knowledge of sequel queries, process loops and AMPscript.
- Database segmentation and marketing personalization.
- Collaborate with and communicate to campaign teams to align approach and set-up with strategy.
- Develop and maintain validation rules and custom work flows.
- Prepare and plan future new functionality and customization or enhancements with users prior to releasing net new functionality.
- Responsible for managing meetings with other SF administrators to leverage process and learnings.
- Develop and maintain program performance reports, tracking and analysis of programs.
- Drive platform projects from inception to completion working collaboratively with a cross-functional team.
General / Legal Disclosures
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and carefully follow all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, Accrediting Agencies, CIE, CAN-Spam, TCPA and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicate compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
- BA/BS degree, Certificate in Web Technologies, or 3-5 year of automation and/or web development.
- 3-5 years direct experience executing email marketing campaigns preferably via Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- SQL knowledge a plus.
- Responsive email design experience a plus.
- Extremely detail oriented; ensures work is correct before releasing while still meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Project management experience.
- Self-starter; completes tasks fully, accurately and independently.
- Methodical with a desire to test, learn and iterate.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Innovative focus with an eye on continual improvement.
- Ability to successfully communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate sound business judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong understanding of automation best practices including CAN-SPAM Laws and deliverability best practices.
- Understand and appreciate a customer-centric approach and culture.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience building email marketing campaigns utilizing, content areas, portfolio, segmentation, automation, tracking and analytics to make data driven decisions to optimize their email campaigns.
- Understanding of relational database and formulas.
- Extraordinary eye for detail, quality control and organization.
Associated Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Google Analytics
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed