Purpose of the Position
The purpose of the Mock Interview Specialist is to build our student’s confidence and improve their interviewing skills by providing professional guidance through the interview process, to ensure they are career ready.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Successfully prepares students to effectively manage the interview process.
- Clearly sets the expectations for real world interviews and is able to lead practice sessions with +5 students per day, ranging from 45 minutes to 1 hour per conversation.
- Set the stage for the mock interview (introduced the flow of the call and expectations).
- Clearly identifies and articulates unique action plan each student should pursue to improve their interviewing ability
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, rapport and professionalism (i.e. tone of voice and pace, stays positive and encouraging).
- Conversation Control (i.e. stays in control of the conversation; no tangents, stays on topic) and maintains an appropriate call length.
- Accurately portrays an employer leading a candidate through the interview process, by asking industry questions and evaluating responses based on designated rubric.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
- Minimum of Associates degree.
- Minimum of 2-4 years in management, recruiting/human resources, or education.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3-5 years of experience in management, recruiting/human resources work or online education.
Associated Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- The ability to deliver outstanding student service.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- A minimum of two (1) year demonstrated experience mentoring or assisting in the professional development of others.