Purpose of the Position
This position is primarily responsible for leading a major/minor project through all phases of SDLC utilizing Agile (Scrum). Responsible for ascertaining and documenting business requirements, facilitating analysis sessions with the stakeholders, reviewing detailed functional specification, defining test cases.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Influence UMA’s processes on assigned projects
- Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high-quality standards and meet project goals
- Manages one or more cross-functional projects of high complexity
- Facilitate team organization and ceremonies such as sprint planning, daily scrums/stand-ups, sprint/iteration reviews/demos, retrospectives
- Support the integration of new products and services, regulatory requirements, tools, technologies and markets into existing operations
- Ensure all defined business rules/policies are documented, implemented as designed
- Ensure process enablers are working as designed (automated as well as manual)
- Ensure available technology is leveraged to the fullest extent, redesign business process where applicable to leverage available or new technologies to yield greater productivity and efficiency
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
(For each item, indicate required or preferred)
- BS/BA degree in management, computer science, information technology or a relevant field; Preferred
- MS/MA 7 or more years of real industry experience in software development Program/Project Management experience in a variety of roles on a variety of projects; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall implementation methodologies; Required
- Experience and skill in performing business analyses, documenting requirements and mapping processes; Required
- Excellent task coordination, time management, and prioritization skills; Required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project); Required
- Ability to write Pseudocode; Required
Associated Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proven leadership, critical thinking, and business acumen
- Ability to see ideas and imagine possibilities
- Ability to challenge/question highly technical people to get them to consider alternatives.
- Comfort with ambiguous challenges
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Strong organization, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to take initiative and contribute to a high-performance team
- Requires long periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer
- Requires occasional bending, stooping and squatting
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs.