Purpose of the Position
You are a talented web developer with a well-rounded skillset who is looking for an opportunity to tackle challenging projects and influence online initiatives, while positively impacting the lives of our non-traditional students. We are a nonprofit career school looking to expand the web experience team with a positive-minded and inventive individual who can help us reinvent our online presence. Together we will develop a new public facing website for the school—using the best of modern web development techniques—and continue to evolve the UMA brand through elegant landing pages, a best-in-class student portal, and robust Marketing campaigns. You will play a fundamental role is shaping the direction of our development efforts and creating stunning websites.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops websites and landing pages from scratch based on mock-ups, writing both server-side and client-side code; Integrates modern frameworks, such as Bootstrap and React, as needed.
- Assists with the migration of legacy WordPress sites to a new JAM stack using a static-site generator to build pages optimized for performance and stability.
- Administers the deployment pipeline and build process, adhering to CI/CD principles.
- Performs maintenance of current sites and contributes to the development of our student portal.
- Serves as subject matter expert for the web and assists the Marketing team with issues related to coding, analytics tracking, and user experience.
- Proposes appropriate solutions to client requests and user stories; Stays abreast of best practices and changing trends within the web development and marketing technology fields.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
- 2-5 years’ professional experience in a web development role. Required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, training from a development bootcamp, or equivalent work experience. Required.
- Online portfolio or GitHub account featuring work. Required.
Associated Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency with one or more server-side languages, such as PHP, Python, or Ruby.
- Experience creating and consuming web APIs.
- Experience with static-site generators, such as Gatsby or Jekyll, nice to have.
- Build tools, such as Grunt, Gulp, or Webpack.
- HTML5, CSS3, SASS
- Version Control using Git.
- Certification in Google Analytics, nice to have.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.