Purpose of the Position
The Sr. Graphic Designer is responsible for translating marketing objectives into creative strategies, concepts and designs. The Sr. Graphic Designer will determine the most effective way to represent brand identity across multiple media channels. Working closely with senior management and the brand team, this position will manage graphic design for both electronic and print communications including but not limited to website development, collateral development, mailers, video, email, digital advertising. This role is people-oriented and involves working with internal clients, pitching designs, and understanding business objectives. This position will collaborate to conceive and finalize design for websites, Facebook apps, microsites, ad campaigns, landing pages, mobile sites and digital signage for our brands. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and have impeccable design and project management skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates and supports the brand marketing and media teams on design and user interface ideas for execution on various media devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Reviews and analyzes project specifications to produce necessary wireframes and mockup designs.
- Reviews wireframe and mockup concepts to produce web pages and CMS templates
- Provides CSS look and feel styling and integration into the CMS modules and templates
- Follows design guidance and instruction to ensure all work meets design standards and expectations.
- Evaluates current internal web projects to present opportunities to implement better user experience, GUI and front-end coding improvements.
- Researches the latest web design, open source and UX trends to improve performance and reliability of web sites.
- Manage multiple projects from concept through completion under tight deadlines and budget constraints.
- Supports the brand marketing and media teams to generate ideas to develop effective, results-driven creative marketing concepts.
- Provide quality control including proofing, reviewing, measuring and evaluating creative output performance.
- Promote continual creative improvement and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Fine Arts or related field or equivalent creative development and management experience required.
- At least 4 years management experience working with large-scale web sites, digital marketing, and advertising required.
- 7+ years of demonstrated expertise in the areas of layout, graphic design, typography, brand development, interactive design, user-centered experience design, marketing and the creative process required.
Associated Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proven ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs to lead projects from concept to completion.
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep work on budget and schedule.
- Expert-level experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash)
- Advanced knowledge of HTML, CSS, jQuery, Drupal and other Content Management Systems
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels of both internal and external organizations.
- Comprehensive awareness and interest in new platforms and technologies for the digital channel.
- A full portfolio demonstrating work in print, broadcast media, web design and digital media is a must
- Experience working within a highly regulated industry a plus.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.