Purpose of the Position
The purpose of this position, under the direction of the Internal Audit Manager, is to perform audits and report results to management, interact with all levels of leadership and school management, as well as manage and perform individual and team projects, as applicable.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews and determines if a secondary school, including high schools, GED, or home school, is valid, accredited and meets all requirements for a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Audits proof of graduation or equivalent documents collected by the Student Finance POG Team.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to Internal Audit Manager.
- Assist with internal and external audits.
- Assist with prepare/complete audit working papers to document audit results.
- Keep abreast of regulatory requirements and follow Internal policies and procedures.
- Responsible for providing support to the Internal Audit Department and the company as needed.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties, as assigned, such as special projects, investigations, training, etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, Accrediting agency, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
- Completion of post-secondary education, Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Demonstrable experience in working with academic or financial records (preferred)
- Demonstrable experience audits (preferred)
- Strong communication skills; oral, written, computer and interpersonal skills (required)
- A positive approach to all subject matter and a willingness-to-learn attitude required (required)
Associated Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed
- May be required to work overtime on certain occasions
- Ability to handle confidential student records due to high level of exposure to student personal data
- Ability to work well and professionally with others and within teams
- Ability to achieve results without explicit daily guidance is expected