Purpose of the Position
As a strategic partner, the Senior HR Business Partner (HRBP) aligns business objectives with team members and management in designated business units. The Senior HRBP serves as a consultant to management on Human Resource related issues. Successful Senior HRBP will act as a team member champion and change agent. The Senior HRBP assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our entire Talent/HR Team and business management, the Senior HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions. The Senior HRBP formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The Senior HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business units’ financial position, its mid-range plans, organizational design, its culture and its competition.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides advice and counsel to management and staff on all policies and
- Makes recommendations that effectively resolve problems, by using judgment consistent within standards, policies, and procedures supporting Federal, State, and local employment law. Assists in development and implementation of human resource policies and procedures.
- Works with management, human resources staff, legal counsel and employees to investigate, document and resolve alleged violations of law and charges of discrimination or harassment; prepares report of findings and recommends corrective Manages employee relations issues from beginning to end, including partnering with employees on performance improvement plans, investigating complaints, issuing performance warnings and managing separations.
- Provides high-quality advice and service to management of all levels on daily employee relations and performance management issues. Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions, coaching and counseling managers and employees.
- Analyzes internal trends, as well as external market forces, to make recommendations to improve morale and reduce business
- Works in concert with management and employees to ensure a respectful environment and investigates and assists with the equitable resolution of internal employee
Talent & Organizational Development
- Attends and participates in strategy and operations meetings with respective business units.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, succession planning.
- Provides direction and guidance to management and team members on the Annual Performance Appraisal process.
- Participates in the creation and delivery of management and leadership development initiatives.
- Builds relationships with all employees to foster a more open and communicative environment and provides support to all employees in relation to understanding Company policies. Acts as an employee advocate providing coaching and advisory service
- Collaborates with business units to create, implement, monitor and report on employee engagement initiatives.
- Monitors feedback from various sources including new hire surveys, employment engagement surveys, exit interviews and social media to understand possible areas of risk, departmental culture and needs.
- Supports the HR/Talent team in implementing and administering programs to help improve the employee experience.
- Works with Business Leadership to define workforce strategies and plans.
- Partners with the Talent Acquisition team to support the hiring of the best talent for the roles of their Business Units.
- Participates in the coordination of the overall Compensation process for the assigned business units including hiring, promotions, compensation changes and merit.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
- Partners with HR/Finance Operations teams to help assist employees with questions around leave of absence, benefits and payroll.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, related discipline or equivalent work experience required.
- PHR/SPHR/ SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
- Minimum 7 – 10 years relevant work experience in Human Resources.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Business Partner focused role.
- Preferred minimum of 5 years of experience in a role with responsibility of driving change and delivering on a people agenda.
- Preferred minimum of 5 years of demonstrated project management skills with a solid track record of driving and implementing HR initiatives independently.
- Other HR/Compensation/Benefits certifications a plus.
Associated Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- HR Functional knowledge – Recognized as a professional with detailed understanding of employee relations, talent acquisition, learning and organization development, compensation, benefits, and diversity and inclusion to advise business/functional area leaders on shaping a work force that meets their priorities. Requires breadth of expertise in HR and broad knowledge of the industry with subject matter expertise in Employee Relations.
- Leadership – Viewed by the business as a trusted advisor providing a viewpoint on business opportunities. Effective at leading complex conversations, projects and processes, developing strategies to drive successful execution.
- Communication – Influences others, including senior leaders, in developing and implementing HR strategies; able to present to audiences of various sizes, to communicate complex ideas and persuade, and to negotiate with others. Ability to partner effectively with stakeholders at every level of the organization and manage relationships with poise and candor.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to engage effectively at all levels of the organization and be a strong contributing team member.
- Problem Solving – On a daily basis, solves unique and complex problems that require the application of conceptual, concrete and innovative thinking.
- Decision Making/Nature of Impact – Guides decisions in accordance with business or functional area objectives that have an impact on organizational structure, staffing assignments, employee development plans, and compensation.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written, communication and presentation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Good working knowledge ofS. employment laws and Florida state employment laws
- Experience with AAP, EEO and Compliance.
- Desire to work as part of a team with a result driven approach.
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as
- Requires long periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer
- Requires occasional bending, stooping and squatting
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs.