- Does high-energy and motivated describe your personality?
- Do you have a passion for helping others achieve their goals and overcome challenges?
- Do you want to help people improve their lives?
- Are you the first person people come to when they need advice?
- Are you confident speaking with different types of people?
- Are you a good listener and a patient problem solver?
If you answered yes to these questions, then you might be a perfect fit for the Career Service Advisor position at Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA).
UMA is a nonprofit healthcare educational institution with a national presence. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida and founded in 1994, UMA offers content-rich, interactive online programs as well as hands-on training at our Clearwater, Florida campus.
- Hourly Rate: $18.00 per hour
- Medical (including prescription), Dental, Vision (UMA subsidized)
- FSA/HSA (Depending on Medical Plan chosen)
- $50,000 Life Insurance (UMA paid)
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance (Team Member paid)
- Employee Assistance Program – EAP (UMA paid)
- Long Term Disability (UMA paid)
- Short Term Disability (Team Member paid)
- Supplemental Insurance such as Critical Illness, Accident, and Hospital (Team Member Paid)
- Paid Time Off – 15 days accrued in year 1, 9 holidays, and 1 day of Volunteering Time Off
- 401k (eligible upon completion of 90 days of employment and must be at least 21 years of age)
- Pet Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
We have immediate job openings at our nationally accredited school that focuses on healthcare education. The positions are daytime, full-time roles, based out of our Tampa office working within our graduate Career Services Team.
Are you a recruiter or staffing sales professional looking to channel your skills to help make an impact on the lives of our graduates? This could be the perfect job for you!
As a Career Service Advisor your main objective is to help identify, engage and inspire our students and graduates in finding the jobs that suit their skills and education. To do this you’ll provide UMA graduates with an excellent candidate experience; which consists of interview preparation, job matching and other tips for success to obtain a job in the healthcare field. You’ll also build relationships with potential employers/hiring managers and coach them on all aspects of hiring our UMA graduates; while challenging our employers/hiring managers to think broadly about how we educate and prepare our students for the future of their healthcare company.
You will not only be helping our graduates build their careers, but you will also be gaining the skills and experience to be considered an employment/hiring expert.
No experience working in the Education industry? No problem! We provide comprehensive paid training.
Apply now to become a UMA Puma and join a great team of professionals!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Influences and empowers students and graduates to find employment in their field of study and begin their healthcare careers.
- Manages a population of graduates and assist them in job placement in the Allied Healthcare field.
- Works with students and graduates to give them guidance on interview techniques, workplace expectations, resume best practices and more.
- Develops and implements plans to achieve student and graduate employment goals.
- Matches graduates to employer positions and maintain ongoing relationships with companies to ensure excellent customer satisfaction.
- Prepares for and facilitates graduate interviews with employers, including those with our national Corporate Alliance partnerships
- Maintains timely, compliant and accurate documentation and metric requirements on all activity related to UMA graduates, employers, job orders and interview results up to and including placement of graduates.
- Consistently meets or exceeds department metrics and quotas including talk time, interviews, hires and monthly goal of placed graduates.
- Contacts hiring managers to create new job opportunities, interviews, hires, and placements.
- Develops and grows new and existing relationships within the healthcare industry to proactively discover future job opportunities for our graduates.
- Locates, engages and attracts prospective healthcare companies to form partnerships to secure employment opportunities in assigned marketplace with the goal of building and maintaining long-term relationships that yield placements for UMA graduates and future relationship building.
- Sources employment opportunities through our proprietary lead management tool with over a million leads, cold calling, email, fax and social media contact with decision makers and hiring managers.
- Influences lead outcomes and communicates with hiring managers using a consultative graduate-focused approach to understand their hiring needs.
- Ensures all paperwork is completed according to company, government, and accreditor standards.
Skills and Traits Needed for Success:
- Very strong phone and computer skills, including typing and data entry.
- An outgoing personality with a desire to be successful.
- Confidence and self-motivation.
- Good problem-solving, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to speak clearly and accurately using UMA-provided scripts and presentations. You will be giving overviews in a factual, ethical and compliant manner to potential students.
- Uphold the standards set by your managers as well as our school accreditors, state regulators and the federal government.
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience
- Willingness to work in a high-powered, dynamic, energetic and results-drive call center environment
- Demonstrable track record of success in past roles
- Stable employment record
- Fluent verbal and written English
- Exceptional communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish rapport with a diverse customer base.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and basic business technology and web-based tools.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a high-pressure environment with timeline pressures.
- Committed, self-driven, with strong follow-up skills.
- Comfortable working independently or in a team environment.
- Able to support a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 1 year of sales experience, staffing, long-line sales, 3rd party logistics
- Experience in employment staffing, career services, out-placement services or sales experience.
- Experience in cold calling in a production driven environment
- Proven track record in professional sales or business development.
- Past success in servicing customers in a people-oriented industry.
- Experience with Zoho, Microsoft Dynamics or a similar CRM system is preferred