Purpose of the Position:
The Senior Videographer is responsible for in and out of studio photography and end-to-end video storytelling and production. The Senior Videographer uses innovative thinking and cutting-edge techniques in all productions within their scope of work. The Senior Videographer is responsible for positioning Ultimate Medical Academy as choice for seeking online education in the healthcare field. The Senior Videographer reports to the Creative Director.
- Responsible for capturing videos and creation of and motion graphics for marketing/advertising
- Collaborating to develop detailed work plans, schedules, estimates, resources, and status reports as they apply to production requirements
- Consulting on/contributing to creation of outline/script and storyboards, and project logistics
- Suggesting or selecting music
- Providing direction, and support for video/motion graphics applications, development and integration to various cross-functional team members
- Establishing and maintaining partnerships across functional areas of the organization
- Cataloguing and organizing footage
Support Institutional Initiatives
- Keep current on institutional goals, objectives, and progress
- Engage in institutional sponsored activities and initiatives as appropriate
- Manages and assists in coordinating efforts between departments within UMA
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
Work Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, film, art or design is preferred or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5+ years of full-time video production experience
- Minimum 3 years of full-time video production experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the video production industry
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in videographer role
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working across various functional groups such as HR, IT, Sales, Finance, etc.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Suite with an emphasis on Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Intermediate knowledge of working on Apple Macintosh systems
- Expert understanding of lighting for various scenarios
- Expert knowledge of camera equipment for video and still photography
- Intermediate understanding of audio equipment and audio editing
- Able to communicate professionally with all level across the institution
- Strong time management and self-management skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Able to professionally communicate in verbal and written English
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other business tools such as Skype and Microsoft Teams
- Able to support a diverse and inclusive work environment
- 3D modeling skills
- Script writing
- Office Environment
- Up to 20% of travel required - Valid Driver’s License required
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Requires long periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer
- Requires ability to travel
- Requires occasional bending, stooping and squatting
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs.