Purpose of the Position:
The Corporate Strategy team analyzes industry trends identifies and executes upon key opportunities for growth, including revenue generation, mergers & acquisitions, and strategic not-for-profit partnerships. This team aligns closely with executives and the board to develop and implement meaningful corporate strategies as well as philanthropic endeavors. The Intern, Corporate Strategy will work within the Corporate Strategy team, learning about the function and work skills needed. The Intern will participate in projects. The Intern will also learn about other areas of the Institution and how Corporate Strategy fits. The Intern, Corporate Strategy reports to the Director(s), Strategy.
- Interface with the Corporate Strategy team and senior management on analysis required to evaluate strategies and develop ongoing strategic plans including new market/product research, competitive benchmarking and financial modeling
- Conduct ad-hoc qualitative and quantitative financial and data analysis
- Support organizational business development efforts, as required
- Assess and develop strategies to meet regulatory requirements in the most efficient and compliant manner
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
Work Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Current Undergraduate College Student, preferably junior or senior year
- Full-time availability for summer internship
- Minimum 3.40 GPA
- Advanced finance and organization skills
- Strong communication skills, specifically an ability/willingness to communicate effectively with senior management
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into summaries appropriate for senior management use
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Passion for and understanding of data and analytics
- Technical expertise regarding data models and database design development
- Statistical modeling experience; working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; programming expertise (such as SQL, SAS, VBA, and R)
- Self-motivated, driven individual with demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated critical problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail
- Able to professionally communicate in verbal and written English
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other business tools such as Skype and Microsoft Teams
- Able to support a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Graduate student (MBA or Master’s in Economics, Statistics, Psychology)
- Business/Economics/Math/Statistics/Psychology related major
- Previous internship experience
- Office Environment
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Requires long periods of sitting at a desk working on a compute
- Requires occasional bending, stooping and squatting
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs.