Purpose of the Position:
The Talent Development Manager is responsible for talent development deliverables across the organization to support various training, learning, and team member development initiatives. The Talent Development Manager will be instrumental in being an ambassador for the organization and advocates for team member growth and retention. The Talent Development Manager also assists key stakeholders and leadership team members with training effectiveness goals that align with organizational vision and values.
The Talent Development Manager reports to the Senior Director, Talent Development.
- Design training content, development, and implementation for continuous improvement of organizational learning in addition to delivering various methods of learning for team members including, in classroom sessions, virtual remote classes and on-going talent programs.
- Facilitates various team member and leadership development training programs across the organization that are requested from departments, senior leaders, and Human Resources.
- Participates in Talent Development annual training schedule planning and department partnership learning strategies to effectively address skills or behavioral gaps for increased improvement.
- Participate in the development and implementation of assessing and recording aspirational career needs of team members. Support the development of career plans, 360 assessments, individual development plans that include organizational values and competencies for advancement.
- Manage the implementation of policies and procedures related to new team member orientation process including logistics, communication with other departments to ensure proper onboarding.
- Identify and communicate various training and educational programs for team members and leaders. This also includes executing training administrative assignments and logistics such as: scheduling, inventory and supplies, attendance verification, surveys, and planning.
- Manage accurate team member training records; analyze data and develop training metrics in addition to collecting relevant talent metrics for department scorecard to showcase training impact.
- Effectively monitor, engage, and initiate action items for the learning management system to support team member e-learning goals along with creating virtual courses with various software.
- Support the Human Resources partners in following up on team member concerns, issues or areas of development required because of our assimilation processes. Ensure that we work with stakeholders to respond to and mitigate risk to the business and apply training when applicable.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, Accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to team members as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
Support Institutional Initiatives
- Keep current on institutional goals, objectives, and progress
- Engage in institutional sponsored activities and initiatives as appropriate
- Lead with courage in support of change initiatives that impact organization
- Manages and assists in coordinating efforts between departments within UMA
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
Work Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Undergraduate/Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to apply principles of adult learning, learning styles, and various instructional design approaches and processes to the learning content.
- Proven ability to incorporate experiential learning activities into training and facilitation to meet the needs and culture of the audience
- Proven ability to design, implement and report evaluation of instruction, learning, transfer of learning and program effectiveness.
- Able to professionally communicate in verbal and written English
- Able to support a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Superior interpersonal, communication, organizational and time management skills
- Presentation skills to all levels of organization.
- Interact in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of organization.
- Ability to utilize a variety of methods and media to facilitate instruction.
- Work cooperatively with all levels in the organization; work effectively as part of a positive, high-performing team; and interact with external vendors.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other business tools such as Skype and Microsoft Teams.
- Excellent utilization of Microsoft Office tools.
- Create and maintain content with the use of authoring tools (Camtasia, Captivate, Screen Cast-O-Matic, etc.)
- Establish and maintain team member Learning Management System companywide
- Creative, innovative, problem solving skills
- Identify and analyze key elements of a situation and exercise critical thinking, problem solving and judgment skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Appropriately prioritize and organize to complete all job responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Five (5) years of training and development experience which includes instructional design experience, proven proficiency with adult learning models, and experience in facilitation of professional training and development programs.
- 3 or more years of management experience.
- Experience with learning technology including the use of author tools and learning management systems.
- Office Environment/Call Center/ – Must be able to work in the UMA Office
- Up to 50% of local travel required (primarily between the different Tampa and Clearwater offices) - Valid Driver’s License required
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Requires long periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer
- Requires ability to travel between the local Tampa Bay offices
- Requires occasional bending, stooping and squatting
Requires occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs.