Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for, but not limited to, supporting the onboarding of new students as they acclimate to UMA online programs. New Student Advisors build rapport with students to offer a high level of service with classroom navigation, resource utilization and encourage student success.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Contacts students on a regular basis to build and maintain rapport and serves as the student’s advisor and first point of contact to ensure questions are answered and concerns are resolved.
- Assists students with questions related to course navigation, academic policies, course expectations, technical assistance, and other student support services.
- Provides guidance to at-risk students to ensure student success.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Calls students to procure proper forms and paperwork as needed.
- Develops through knowledge of UMA web properties, processes and policies to be used daily in Learner Services
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
- Minimum of Associates degree. (preferred)
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in student services, academic advising, or education. (preferred)
- 3-5 years of experience in student services, academic advising or online education. (preferred)
Associated Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of and adherence to regulations and compliance
- Personal honesty and integrity
- Meeting customer service goals
- The ability to deliver outstanding student service
- The ability to work effectively on a team, both within and across Ultimate Medical Academy departments.
- Attitude and enthusiasm.