Purpose of the Position:
The Director, Admissions (DOA) is responsible for directing a team of advisors who interface with prospective students and those influencing the student’s decision to attend/select UMA as their school of choice. The Director, Admissions also meets UMA’s enrollment objectives by sharing UMA’s philosophy and educational programs to gain new student interest and meeting school enrollment and start objectives in an accurate, professional, and ethical manner.
The Director, Admissions reports to the Regional Director, Admissions or Senior Regional Director, Admissions.
- Assists in the structure, documentation, and implementation of Admissions Department organizational processes/procedures.
- Ensures consistent operation of department in accordance with all school and company policies and procedures, all applicable federal and state regulations and all accrediting agencies standards and requirements.
- Provides management accurate daily performance reports related to advertising and recruitment program effectiveness, and future start populations.
- Ensures adequate checks and balances in Admissions process to prevent unrealistic expectations of prospective students in regards to their course or end objective.
- Assists in hiring staff and training, supervising, and replacing staff as needed to ensure qualitative and quantitative objectives are achieved in the Admissions process.
- Ensures timely completion of team members' performance appraisals or evaluation to achieve full-time status.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Team Member Leadership
- Build a strong culture of accountability and high performance
- Recruit, develop, and retain top performers
- Create and implement an effective onboarding plan for every team member
- Recruit, train and develop a team with skills and experience aligned to meet UMA’s needs and the market with a focus on retention of top performers
- Set clear expectations for all Team Members. Analyze goals, activities and results to determine action plans to improve individual and team performance per stated performance management guidelines.
- Ensure that UMA values are being demonstrated and policies are being followed.
Support Institutional Initiatives
- Keep current on institutional goals, objectives, and progress
- Engage in institutional sponsored activities and initiatives as appropriate
- Lead with courage in support of change initiatives that impact organization
- Manages and assists in coordinating efforts between departments within UMA
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
Work Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years’ experience in Admissions/Sales and management experience with a proven track record in driving sales team.
- 3 years’ general management experience in call center environment.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Experience leading and developing teams.
- Extraordinary telephone, interpersonal, communication skills – oral and written, interviewing and follow-up skills required. Able to professionally communicate fluently in verbal and written English.
- Ability to work under pressure and ability to interact with students, parents, instructors, and guidance counselors required.
- Goals driven, results oriented ability with short and long term planning skills.
- Knowledge of and adherence to regulations and compliance with personal honesty and integrity
- Ability to deliver outstanding customer service
- Ability to work effectively on a team, both within and across Ultimate Medical Academy departments.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other business tools such as Skype and Microsoft Teams
- Able to support a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Requires long periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer
- Requires occasional bending, stooping and squatting
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs.