Purpose of the Position:
The purpose of the Mock Interview Specialist is to build our student’s confidence and improve their interviewing skills by providing professional guidance through the interview process, to ensure they are career ready.
The Mock Interview Specialist reports to the Manager, Career Readiness.
- Successfully prepares students to effectively manage the interview process including practice interviews and a formal Resume Conversation.
- Clearly sets the expectations for real world interviews and can lead practice sessions with +5 students per day, ranging from 45 minutes to 1 hour and a half per conversation.
- Set the stage for the mock interview to be conducted on video (introduced the flow of the call and expectations).
- Clearly identifies and articulates unique action plan each student should pursue to improve their interviewing ability.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, rapport and professionalism (i.e. tone of voice and pace, stays positive and encouraging).
- Conversation Control (i.e. stays in control of the conversation; no tangents, stays on topic) and maintains an appropriate call length.
- Accurately portrays an employer leading a candidate through the interview process, by asking industry questions and evaluating responses based on designated rubric.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
Work Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Associate’s degree
- 2 years in management, recruiting/human resources, or education.
- Ability to deliver outstanding student service.
- Demonstrated experience mentoring or assisting in the professional development of others.
- Able to professionally communicate fluently in verbal and written English
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other business tools such as Skype and Microsoft Teams
- Able to support a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5 years of experience in management, recruiting/human resources work or online education.
- Requires long periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer.
- Requires occasional bending, stooping and squatting.
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs.