Purpose of the Position:
The Senior Manager, Training Career Services (CS) is responsible for talent development activities that take place in the CS contact center. The Senior Manager, Training CS leads a group of Training Specialists, Associate Manager(s), and Recruiting Liaison(s) and together they support all training actions surrounding skills development, compliance knowledge, and talent development. The Senior Manager, Training CS partners with CS leadership and other departmental leadership teams to remain current on training requirements to build, communicate, and support appropriate content for the group. The Senior Manager, Training CS leads the team designed to train in areas like; onboarding and coaching materials, skills training materials (technical, soft skills, and ongoing professional development training), and identifying growth and development opportunities for all Career Services team members.
The Senior Manager, Training CS reports to the Senior Director, Workforce Solutions.
- Leads, coaches, and delivers ongoing developmental opportunities and resources for all CS Training & Development team members.
- Ensures that all training materials being used are current prior to the start of each new hire class and responsible for making updates to the materials, as needed.
- Plans, creates, and implements, training and development programs, using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, e-learning, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops, in addition to performing regular learning and training needs analysis reports.
- Incorporates adult learning processes and various instructional design approaches and processes into course facilitation, using activities, hands on learning application, and computer-based activities.
- Establishes and maintains suitable environments for learning by utilizing available tools for face to face, group sessions, webinars, teleconferencing and other electronic media, as necessary and appropriate.
- Responsible for supporting or delivering leadership development facilitation and/or maintaining the partnership between HR Talent Development and Career Services team members of all levels.
- Partners with CS Leadership to strategically position all CS training needs in support of Career Services impact on UMA’s goals.
- Creates and implements processes designed to provide feedback on the quality of the training and development taking place (Quality Assurance).
- Creates, maintains, and updates call monitoring scoring guides based on the needs of department.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Documents processes and procedures (i.e., training participant manuals, etc.)
- Participates in UMA’s Talent Leadership Group (TLG) which is designed to share best practices and coordinate training strategies cross-functionally to improve training processes and outcomes.
- Manage accurate team member training records; analyze data, and develop training metrics
- Analyze production data at a departmental, team, and advisor level to identify trends and opportunities, and then implement call coaching focus relating to improving quality and production in those strategically targeted areas.
- Plans, prepares, controls, and monitors the training and development budget for CS
Team Member Leadership
- Build a strong culture of accountability and high performance
- Recruit, develop, and retain top performers
- Create and implement an effective onboarding plan for every team member
- Train and develop a team with skills and experience aligned to meet UMA’s needs and the market with a focus on retention of top performers
- Set clear expectations for all Team Members. Analyze goals, activities, and results to determine action plans to improve individual and team performance per stated performance management guidelines.
- Ensure that UMA values are being demonstrated and policies are being followed.
Support Institutional Initiatives
- Keep current on institutional goals, objectives, and progress
- Engage in institutional sponsored activities and initiatives as appropriate
- Lead with courage in support of change initiatives that impact organization
- Manages and assists in coordinating efforts between departments within UMA
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, Commission for Independent Education (CIE), and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
Work Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7 years’ experience in the training and development industry to include a proven proficiency with adult learning models, and experience in facilitation of professional training and development programs.
- 5 years’ experience in people management.
- 1 year of experience working in a virtual environment.
- Able to professionally communicate fluently in verbal and written English
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and other business tools such as Microsoft Teams
- Instructional Design experience
- Leadership Development experience
- Able to support a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Intermediate proficiency in eLearning authoring tools and creative graphic, video, photography, or web design applications.
- Advanced interpersonal, communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- Advanced creative, innovative, problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10 years’ experience in the training and development industry to include a proven proficiency with adult learning models, and experience in facilitation of professional training and development programs.
- 7 years’ experience managing people Proven ability to incorporate experiential learning activities into training and facilitation to meet the needs and culture of the audience.
- Proven ability to design, implement and report evaluation of instruction, learning, transfer of learning and program effectiveness.
- Experience with call monitoring and call coaching
- Requires long periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer
- Requires long periods of standing and delivering training in a classroom
- Requires ability to travel.
- Requires occasional bending, stooping, and squatting.
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs.