Purpose of the Position:
The Director, Grant Research & Development is responsible for management of research and strategic development of UMA Education, Inc’s grant acquisitions. This position will provide support for all new grant initiatives that contribute to the organization’s strategic vision.
UMA is a nonprofit healthcare educational institution with a national presence. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida and founded in 1994, UMA offers content-rich, interactive online programs as well as hands-on training at our Clearwater, Florida campus.
- Manage the new grant research, development, and acquisition process, including:
- Identification of potential opportunities for local, state, federal, and private grant funding.
- Assessment of grant opportunities for fit and prioritization for application.
- Management of the grant writing and prioritization processes.
- Engaging with subject matter experts as needed, including for advance awareness on upcoming grant opportunities and insight into factors that will improve the quality of individual grant applications.
- Research and identification of regulatory requirements that may apply to grant fulfillment.
- Communication and collaboration with other organizational stakeholders through grant application to ensure fulfillment potential
- Partnership with Enterprise Project Team for implementation post award
- Supervise and lead Grant Writer and Grant Associate responsible for research and development for new grant proposals.
- Developing relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Office of Transformation to share reporting and operational requirements associated with grant proposals and awards.
- Maintaining proficient knowledge of the organization’s history, programs and operations.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Manage the execution of objectives and tasks necessary to meet short and long-term organizational goals supporting financial stability.
Team Member Leadership
- Supervise and develop team members with skills, experience, and values aligned to meet UMA’s needs and mission.
- Analyze performance of direct reports to determine appropriate coaching, performance management, and professional development, with a focus on development and retention.
- Ensure timely completion of team member evaluations and support the review and talent management processes.
- Model UMA values and hold other team members accountable to the same.
Support Institutional Initiatives
- Keep current on institutional goals, objectives, and progress.
- Engage in institutionally sponsored activities and initiatives as appropriate.
- Lead with care in support of change initiatives that impact the organization.
- Lead coordination of activities between departments within UMA.
- Manage and assist in coordinating efforts between departments within UMA.
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and carefully follow all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the U.S. Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, as well as internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicate compliance requirements to other staff as appropriate and quickly escalate any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
Work Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years of experience in grant acquisition, including experience in management of people and processes, or five years of experience in another setting with a proven track record of effective people and process management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail
- Able to professionally communicate fluently in verbal and written English and otherwise interact professionally with other team members and those in other UMA departments.
- Experience with analysis and synthesis of grant requirements and identification of appropriate action(s) to take in response.
- Organizational, follow-up, and time management skills.
- Strong and sustained attention to detail.
- Experience with working effectively amidst competing priorities, resolving conflicts between competing priorities for self and others, and managing others to do the same.
- Knowledge of and adherence to applicable regulations and other compliance requirements.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other business tools such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
- Able to model and lead a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Master’s degree.
- More than five years of experience in grant acquisition, including experience in management of people and processes, or more than five years of experience in another setting with a proven track record of effective people and process management.
- Demonstrated short- and long-term planning skills.
- Ability to work full-remote, on-site, or a hybrid attendance model
- Ability to travel as required – up to 5% travel
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Requires long periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer.
- Requires occasional bending, stooping and squatting.
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs.
Our institutional values are shaped and validated by our team members. They describe how we strive to operate and are the standards of behavior we look to embody.
ACT WITH INTEGRITY
We operate honestly and ethically in an industry-compliant fashion. We are fair and trustworthy in our interactions with all we serve. Our team members, at all levels, lead by example and strive to do the right thing for our students and for each other. We are disciplined professionals who strive to be straightforward and dependable.
CHAMPION STUDENT OUTCOMES
We live by a strong commitment to our students and are passionate about preparing them for meaningful careers. We are deeply dedicated to ensuring students’ educational and career success. We excel at building our students’ confidence and empowering them to reach their full potential.
COMMIT TO TEAM MEMBER SUCCESS
We are committed to our team members’ success and to each other’s success. We strive to create an environment that attracts and retains the best talent while offering continuous learning, professional development and career growth opportunities. We recognize and reward our team members for their contributions to the organization and to our students.
PURSUE RESULTS WITH PURPOSE
We pursue results with a sense of urgency and purpose. We take responsibility for achieving ambitious, measurable results and hold each other accountable. We think strategically and critically, greet new ideas and challenges openly, and look for innovative solutions to challenges.
HAVE FUN. BUILD ENERGY
Enjoying what we do is central to achieving our goals. Building energy, having fun, being optimistic and creating a positive working environment are all critical to our success and that of our students. We strive to be inspired and to inspire others. We consistently show appreciation and celebrate our successes, both large and small.
WORK AS ONE
We believe that diverse, inclusive teams produce breakthrough results. We strive to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues from all types of backgrounds by showing respect and humility when interacting with each other and resolving conflicts in a constructive manner. By working together, we win together - as one - ensuring that the goals of the company are the focal point of our efforts.
UMA will NEVER ask you to send money or ask you to provide bank account information in order for you to get reimbursed for tools to work. If you have been contacted by someone claiming to be from UMA about a job posting, you can always verify the position at https://careers-ultimatemedical.icims.com/