Summary of Position:
An Instructor, Dental Assistant fulfills primary instructional duties and responsibilities as assigned. Instructor, Dental Assistant provides core content instruction to students based upon the UMA standardized curriculum. An Instructor, Dental Assistant works in tandem with program leadership and cross-department representatives to maximize academic achievement, retention, certification, graduation, and placement outcomes to ensure overall health and integrity of UMA programs.
The Instructor, Dental Assistant reports to the Program Director or Ground Campus Leadership.
UMA is a nonprofit healthcare educational institution with a national presence. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida and founded in 1994, UMA offers content-rich, interactive online programs as well as hands-on training at our Clearwater, Florida campus.
- Anticipated starting rate of $25.00 per hour; pay rate negotiable based on experience and qualifications. Please note this position will be 32-40 hours per week
- Medical (including prescription), Dental, Vision (UMA subsidized)
- FSA/HSA (Depending on Medical Plan chosen)
- $50,000 Life Insurance (UMA paid)
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance (Team Member paid)
- Employee Assistance Program – EAP (UMA paid)
- Long Term Disability (UMA paid)
- Short Term Disability (Team Member paid)
- Supplemental Insurance such as Critical Illness, Accident, and Hospital (Team Member Paid)
- Paid Time Off – 15 days accrued in year 1, 9 holidays, and 1 day of Volunteering Time Off
- 401k (eligible upon completion of 90 days of employment and must be at least 21 years of age)
- Pet Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Teaches centralized curriculum in accordance with assigned
- Demonstrates proficiency with course content and
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with students.
- Promotes and maintains high level of student engagement.
- Facilitates discussion forum to ensure student engagement and interaction (as assigned).
- Proactively monitors students’ performance and actively outreaches as
- Provides academic feedback in a constructive, positive, and timely
- Creates learning support tools to support students based on demonstrated
- Provides highly engaging synchronous instruction aligned with learning objectives while addressing student
- Provides academic remediation and intervention as needed.
- Performs other duties as requested to ensure effective curriculum and
- Is active in assigned course rooms and hosts weekly office
- Grades course activities and posts weekly and final grades by the
- Models etiquette/netiquette and provides corrective feedback to students, as
- Maintains an up-to-date faculty file in accordance with UMA policy, state regulations and accrediting commission requirements including required meetings, in-services, professional development, and continuing education credits and
- Follows Student and Employee Code of Conduct and Scholastic Honesty
- Is responsive to program leadership, staff, and students via email, telephone, and/or virtual or other communications per established expectations and
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
- Dental Assistant with Expanded Functions Instructors
- Undergraduate degree with an equivalent of 15 semester credit hours in the subject field for Healthcare Instructor
- Academic preparation in the specific courses taught
- Minimum of five (5) years of occupational experience as a Dental Assistant or three (3) years of experience as a Dentist
- Registered Dental Assistant certification, Certified Dental Assistant certification or equivalent required (all certifications/licensures must remain active and be maintained as required by State and/or accrediting commissions)
- Proficient verbal and written English
- Able to support a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Graduation from a program in the healthcare field
- Experience with Learning Management Systems
- Experience with Student Information Systems
- Experience with synchronous instructional tools
- Has knowledge of and experience with technological tools and software
- Success in applying adult learning principles and practices to online teaching
- Inspires students to meet their career goals using career connections and strategies
- Will work at ground campus location as assigned in a shared workspace, may include online or virtual instructional opportunities.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Requires long periods of sitting at workspace or desk and also time spent working on a
- Requires occasional bending, stooping and squatting
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 10lbs
Our institutional values are shaped and validated by our team members. They describe how we strive to operate and are the standards of behavior we look to embody.
ACT WITH INTEGRITY.
We operate honestly and ethically in a compliant fashion. We are fair and trustworthy in our interactions with all we serve. Our team members, at all levels, lead by example and strive to do the right thing for our students and for each other. We are disciplined professionals who strive to be straightforward and dependable.
CHAMPION STUDENT OUTCOMES.
We live by a strong commitment to our students and are passionate about preparing them for meaningful careers. We are deeply dedicated to ensuring students’ educational and career success. We excel at building our students’ confidence and empowering them to reach their full potential.
COMMIT TO TEAM MEMBER SUCCESS.
We are committed to our team members’ success. We strive to create an environment that attracts and retains the best talent while offering continuous learning, professional development, and career growth opportunities. We recognize and reward our team members for their contributions to the organization and to our students.
PURSUE RESULTS WITH PURPOSE.
We pursue results with a sense of purpose reflective of our student-centered mission. We take responsibility for supporting ambitious student outcomes and hold each other accountable to this end. We think strategically and critically, greet new ideas and challenges openly, and look for innovative solutions to challenges.
HAVE FUN. BUILD ENERGY.
Enjoying what we do is central to achieving our goals. Building energy, having fun, being optimistic, and creating a positive working environment are all critical to our success and that of our students. We strive to be inspired and to inspire others. We consistently show appreciation and celebrate our successes, both large and small.
WORK AS ONE.
We believe that diverse, inclusive teams produce breakthrough results. We strive to build and maintain positive relationships with team members from all types of backgrounds by showing respect and humility when interacting with each other and resolving conflicts in a constructive manner. By working together, we win together, ensuring that the goals of the institution are the focal point of our efforts.
UMA will NEVER ask you to send money or ask you to provide bank account information in order for you to get reimbursed for tools to work. If you have been contacted by someone claiming to be from UMA about a job posting, you can always verify the position at https://careers-ultimatemedical.icims.com/