Purpose of the Position:
Assists students with basic questions, technical troubleshooting and/or connects them with the correct department or resource.
The Classroom Support Specialist reports to the Manager/AD, Classroom Support.
UMA is a nonprofit healthcare educational institution with a national presence. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida and founded in 1994, UMA offers content-rich, interactive online programs as well as hands-on training at our Clearwater, Florida campus.
- Hourly rate: $17.00 per hour
- Medical (including prescription), Dental, Vision (UMA subsidized)
- FSA/HSA (Depending on Medical Plan chosen)
- $50,000 Life Insurance (UMA paid)
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance (Team Member paid)
- Employee Assistance Program – EAP (UMA paid)
- Long Term Disability (UMA paid)
- Short Term Disability (Team Member paid)
- Supplemental Insurance such as Critical Illness, Accident, and Hospital (Team Member Paid)
- Paid Time Off – 15 days accrued in year 1, 9 holidays, and 1 day of Volunteering Time Off
- 401k (eligible upon completion of 90 days of employment and must be at least 21 years of age)
- Pet Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Provide appropriate support verbally that encourages, motivates, and leaves the student feeling positive on all interactions.
- Evaluate and resolve student inquiries, issues and problems, and ensure appropriate action is taken to the satisfaction of the student and UMA.
- Assist students with how to log into class, walk students through the required steps to reset their login credentials.
- Assist students with contacting their instructor/Student Finance/Academic Facilitation Department/and other student-supporting departments.
- Confirm student book shipments, book type required, and assist student with questions about e-books.
- Assist students with LMS navigation and resource discovery.
- Handle calls with a blend of quality and efficiency to ensure service levels are maintained and all incoming calls are serviced appropriately.
- Advise students’ assigned Learner Services/New Student Advisor of issues, problems, notes, questions, and comments communicated by students.
- Assist with and facilitate initiatives designed to improve the effectiveness of the Learner Services program and other marketing-based programs.
- Provide administrative support to departments including Learner Services, Registrar, Academics, Student Finance, and Admissions.
- Work with Academics Department to help develop and improve curriculum content, quality and presentation based on issues, needs, and feedback communicated by students.
- Provide tier one technical support to students in support of the Learner Services/New Student Advisor roles.
- Document all call types that come in via the Classroom Support queue.
- Assess student technical and other issues and provide input on improving overall student experience.
Support Institutional Initiatives
- Keep current on institutional goals, objectives, and progress
- Engage in institutional sponsored activities and initiatives as appropriate
- Lead with courage in support of change initiatives that impact organization
- Provide feedback and input
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
Work Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- High School diploma
- Proficient verbal and written English
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Able to support a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Additional education from minimum requirement
- Customer service experience
- Technical support experience
- Certifications, Licenses
- Other skills or abilities
- This is a full-time remote position
- Home Office set up, quiet place to work, ability to hard-wire into high-speed internet connection
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Requires long periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer
- Requires occasional bending, stooping and squatting
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs.
Our institutional values are shaped and validated by our team members. They describe how we strive to operate and are the standards of behavior we look to embody.
ACT WITH INTEGRITY
We operate honestly and ethically in an industry-compliant fashion. We are fair and trustworthy in our interactions with all we serve. Our team members, at all levels, lead by example and strive to do the right thing for our students and for each other. We are disciplined professionals who strive to be straightforward and dependable.
CHAMPION STUDENT OUTCOMES
We live by a strong commitment to our students and are passionate about preparing them for meaningful careers. We are deeply dedicated to ensuring students’ educational and career success. We excel at building our students’ confidence and empowering them to reach their full potential.
COMMIT TO TEAM MEMBER SUCCESS
We are committed to our team members’ success and to each other’s success. We strive to create an environment that attracts and retains the best talent while offering continuous learning, professional development and career growth opportunities. We recognize and reward our team members for their contributions to the organization and to our students.
PURSUE RESULTS WITH PURPOSE
We pursue results with a sense of urgency and purpose. We take responsibility for achieving ambitious, measurable results and hold each other accountable. We think strategically and critically, greet new ideas and challenges openly, and look for innovative solutions to challenges.
HAVE FUN. BUILD ENERGY
Enjoying what we do is central to achieving our goals. Building energy, having fun, being optimistic and creating a positive working environment are all critical to our success and that of our students. We strive to be inspired and to inspire others. We consistently show appreciation and celebrate our successes, both large and small.
WORK AS ONE
We believe that diverse, inclusive teams produce breakthrough results. We strive to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues from all types of backgrounds by showing respect and humility when interacting with each other and resolving conflicts in a constructive manner. By working together, we win together - as one - ensuring that the goals of the company are the focal point of our efforts.
UMA will NEVER ask you to send money or ask you to provide bank account information in order for you to get reimbursed for tools to work. If you have been contacted by someone claiming to be from UMA about a job posting, you can always verify the position at https://careers-ultimatemedical.icims.com/