Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for, but not limited to, identifying and working with students who are eligible for re-entry into their last program of study or into a new program of study and helping they go through all required steps to get enrolled back into school with UMA.
UMA is a nonprofit healthcare educational institution with a national presence. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida and founded in 1994, UMA offers content-rich, interactive online programs as well as hands-on training at our Clearwater, Florida campus.
- Starting hourly rate of $18.00 per hour
- Medical (including prescription), Dental, Vision (UMA subsidized)
- FSA/HSA (Depending on Medical Plan chosen)
- $50,000 Life Insurance (UMA paid)
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance (Team Member paid)
- Employee Assistance Program – EAP (UMA paid)
- Long Term Disability (UMA paid)
- Short Term Disability (Team Member paid)
- Supplemental Insurance such as Critical Illness, Accident, and Hospital (Team Member Paid)
- Paid Time Off – 15 days accrued in year 1, 9 holidays, and 1 day of Volunteering Time Off
- 401k (eligible upon completion of 90 days of employment and must be at least 21 years of age)
- Pet Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate and resolve student inquiries, issues and problems, and ensure appropriate action is taken to the satisfaction of the student and UMA in compliance with policy, procedures and legal requirements.
- Identify students who are eligible for re-entry and coordinate their re-entry date along with all necessary forms and meetings.
- Prompt submission to Registrar of all Re-Entry student status changes, including new enrollment packets and program changes.
- Ensure students who are required to complete an appeal to return to school complete and submit their appeal to the Education department for review and appeal approval/denial decision.
- Connect students with Re-Entry Student Finance to ensure all student financial obligations are planned for and met.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agency, state agencies, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance Department.
Skills & Core Attributes Required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle timeline pressures.
- Committed, with strong follow-up skills.
- Past success in servicing customers in a people-oriented industry.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Comfortable working independently or in a team environment.
- Dynamic, high-energy personality.
- Strong computer and data entry skills with high level of accuracy.
- Thisis a full-time remote position
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- High school diploma or GED plus some higher education coursework completed required.
- Associates degree or higher preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year customer service experience required.
- 2-4 years’ experience in admissions, academic advising or other student-facing role preferred.
Associated Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong customer service.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of and adherence to regulations and compliance
- Personal honesty and integrity
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Flexibility to attend occasional off-site events in the general Tampa Bay area.
- Sitting at a desk, working on a computer for long periods of time
- Occasionally lifting up to 5 lbs
This job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position as of the last revised date noted in the header. It may not include every job responsibility. Job duties may fluctuate based on organizational needs. UMA reserves the right to revise the job or require that additional or different tasks be performed.
I have read and understand all the responsibilities and accountabilities in my job description. This job description is a tool used by me and management to help assess, evaluate and provide guidelines and expectations for the position named herein. I understand that it is not a contract and it does not constitute any guarantee of future employment.
UMA will NEVER ask you to send money or ask you to provide bank account information in order for you to get reimbursed for tools to work. If you have been contacted by someone claiming to be from UMA about a job posting, you can always verify the position at https://careers-ultimatemedical.icims.com/