Purpose of the Position:
The Campus President serves as the senior academic and operations leader for UMA’s Clearwater Campus with responsibility for leading and delivering superior student satisfaction and key metrics. The Campus President is responsible for building student confidence, engagement, and creating a transformational education experience for adult learners, and creating and sustaining an environment of academic and professional excellence for all students and team members.
The Campus President reports to the Executive Vice President (EVP), Workforce Transformation.
The Campus President is responsible for the overall management of the campus including revenue and budget management; student recruitment and retention; placement of students in their fields of study; community partnerships; procurement; employee engagement and retention, and compliance with state, federal and accreditation guidelines. The position promotes a student-centered culture that ensures access, sustains educational excellence, fosters student engagement, supports high levels of student achievement, and strives to meet the demands of the campus’ employer network.
The Campus President reports to the Executive Vice President (EVP), Workforce Transformation.
UMA is a nonprofit healthcare educational institution with a national presence. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida and founded in 1994, UMA offers content-rich, interactive online programs as well as hands-on training at our Clearwater, Florida campus.
- Effective management of financial, physical and people resources of the campus so as to provide superior education with financial and operational stability and growth.
- Support student population growth commensurate with market opportunity.
- Manage program portfolio including generation of new program ideas.
- Manage team members and fulfill job responsibilities with a high level of honesty, integrity and enthusiasm.
- Communicate a compelling vision that engenders trust, enthusiasm, and engagement of campus faculty and staff.
- Ensure the creation of a student-centered learning environment steeped in professionalism, positivity, resourcefulness, and a relentless pursuit of success for each student.
- Oversee the execution and effectiveness of campus and secondary education center programs and services.
- Work closely with other team members to ensure a seamless student experience from onboarding to graduation and placement.
- Oversight of admissions department with responsibility to monitor operations and ensure compliance with accreditation and licensure standards.
- Work closely with EVP, Workforce Transformation, colleagues, and team members to establish short and long-term goals and take responsibility for implementing and achieving approved campus goals and plans.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with community organizations with the capacity to support current student needs, promote UMA programs, and/or offer student support services or funding.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with healthcare employers with the capacity to host student externs and take on graduates in full-time roles.
- Partner with cross departmental leaders to bolster campus collaboration and efficiency through utilization of shared services teams.
- Create, implement, and balance campus initiatives designed to increase new student enrollments.
- Train, develop and support campus faculty and staff to rise and develop as effective campus leaders.
- Maintain a high rate of facility utilization through the reallocation of physical resources as enrollments and program mix changes.
- Oversee successful completion of campus effectiveness planning, advisory board meetings, and institutional survey strategy, ensuring data are utilized for continuous improvement of programs and services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Team Member Leadership
- Build and maintain a strong campus leadership team with passion for UMA’s mission and the skills and aptitudes to lead in their respective areas and accomplish rigorous goals and objectives.
- Foster a strong culture of accountability while empowering members of the leadership team, both individually and collectively, to accomplish specific goals and objectives.
- Recruit, develop, and retain \ through effective employee engagement and development.
- Oversee and direct campus personnel and maintain effective partnerships with shared services personnel including work allocation, key metrics, training, and problem resolution.
- Recruit, develop, and retain a campus team with the skills and experience needed to achieve operational excellence, maximize student outcomes and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Set clear expectations, goals, and key metrics for all team members. Analyze output, outcomes, and impact data to ensure the creation of individual performance improvement plans when necessary.
- Assist in the resolution of personnel issues to maintain effective team functioning and achievement of the campus goals.
- Ensure UMA values are consistently demonstrated and organizational policies are followed.
Faculty Leadership and Development:
- Partner with Online Education team to provide a comprehensive support and development ecosystem for UMA’s faculty.
- Oversee academic governance structures and processes.
- Ensure the implementation of a rigorous faculty development program including regular faculty evaluation, coaching and training.
- Ensure coordination between education, student support (Learner Services, Admissions, Student Finance, Career Services, etc.), campus operations, and shared service teams.
- Provide academic leadership team with resources and support needed to implement a vibrant professional learning community for faculty focused on maximizing student engagement and achievement through strengthening professional practices and innovation.
- Continue to build upon and refine program specific vision and strategy in partnership with Research and Development, Office of Transformation, and Online Education leaders.
- Set appropriate programmatic goals. Hold team members accountable to goal attainment. Ensure program and faculty teams are appropriately managed and staffed.
- Partner effectively with curriculum and career services to ensure students in each program have extensive support and resources relevant to placement and long-term career success in their chosen field of interest.
- Ensure superior learning outcomes and an exceptional educational experience for students.
- Lead Clearwater Campus partnership with UMA’s curriculum development and instructional design teams to continuously assess and evolve curriculum in three primary areas: student engagement, delivery of subject matter, and relevance for the job market.
Institutional Effectiveness, Student Outcomes and Accreditation Standards:
- Oversee successful completion of obligations relevant to campus effectiveness planning, advisory boards meetings as well as institutional approach to surveys, assessments and academic interventions.
- Effective financial management in areas including revenue management, accounts receivable and expense management.
- Forecast, plan, control, and monitor campus P&L.
- Ensure the execution of objectives and tasks necessary to meet short and long-term revenue and CINAFOA goal.
- Retain P&L responsibility. Effectively manage financial, physical, and people resources to achieve goals. Execute budgetary and operational objectives and adhere to budget goals.
Support Institutional Initiatives
- Keep current on institutional goals, objectives, and progress
- Engage in institutional sponsored activities and initiatives as appropriate
- Lead with courage in support of change initiatives that impact organization
- Manages and assists in coordinating efforts between departments within UMA
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicate compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
- Ensure adherence to institutional academic policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with management team to achieve desired organizational results in areas of student satisfaction and key performance metrics.
- Provide leadership in identifying new policies as well as policy updates. Collaborate cross-functionally on program and policy development.
- Attend relevant workshops to remain current with regulatory changes.
- Keep abreast of policies, issues, and laws affecting campus operations and/or academic programs.
Work Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Master's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10 years of educational management experience including experience leading a campus location or learning site
- Strong visionary leader with successful administrative and teaching experience, preferably in a career-focused, post-secondary setting.
- Proven leadership experience maintaining integrity and high ethical standards.
- Experience in academic leadership with an understanding of various teaching and learning approaches to foster engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify trends and create & implement new processes to support constant and iterative improvement.
- Experience in recruiting and developing high performing teams.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing successful student retention and placement strategies.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, experience in public presentations, and community networking.
- Strong collaboration and negotiation skills with proven ability to build productive working relationships across all organizational levels.
- Able to support a diverse and inclusive work environment and establish cooperative relationships in a multicultural, urban community.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to influence and direct activities of resources outside of direct control.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other business tools such as Skype and Microsoft Teams.
- Master's degree or other advanced degree
- More than 10 years of educational management experience
- Experience overseeing institutional effectiveness functions and implementing innovative solutions
- Familiarity with academic, e-learning, and ed-tech solutions
- Office Environment – Must be able to work in the UMA Office
- Up to 5% of travel required - Valid Driver’s License required
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Requires long periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer
- Requires ability to travel within the local community and between UMA offices
- Requires occasional bending, stooping and squatting
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs.
Our institutional values are shaped and validated by our team members. They describe how we strive to operate and are the standards of behavior we look to embody.
ACT WITH INTEGRITY
We operate honestly and ethically in an industry-compliant fashion. We are fair and trustworthy in our interactions with all we serve. Our team members, at all levels, lead by example and strive to do the right thing for our students and for each other. We are disciplined professionals who strive to be straightforward and dependable.
CHAMPION STUDENT OUTCOMES
We live by a strong commitment to our students and are passionate about preparing them for meaningful careers. We are deeply dedicated to ensuring students’ educational and career success. We excel at building our students’ confidence and empowering them to reach their full potential.
COMMIT TO TEAM MEMBER SUCCESS
We are committed to our team members’ success and to each other’s success. We strive to create an environment that attracts and retains the best talent while offering continuous learning, professional development and career growth opportunities. We recognize and reward our team members for their contributions to the organization and to our students.
PURSUE RESULTS WITH PURPOSE
We pursue results with a sense of urgency and purpose. We take responsibility for achieving ambitious, measurable results and hold each other accountable. We think strategically and critically, greet new ideas and challenges openly, and look for innovative solutions to challenges.
HAVE FUN. BUILD ENERGY
Enjoying what we do is central to achieving our goals. Building energy, having fun, being optimistic and creating a positive working environment are all critical to our success and that of our students. We strive to be inspired and to inspire others. We consistently show appreciation and celebrate our successes, both large and small.
WORK AS ONE
We believe that diverse, inclusive teams produce breakthrough results. We strive to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues from all types of backgrounds by showing respect and humility when interacting with each other and resolving conflicts in a constructive manner. By working together, we win together - as one - ensuring that the goals of the company are the focal point of our efforts.
This job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position. It may not include every job responsibility. Job duties may fluctuate based on needs of the business. UMA reserves the right to revise the job or require that additional or different tasks be performed.
I have read and understand all the responsibilities and accountabilities in my job description. This job description is a tool used by me and management to help assess, evaluate and provide guidelines and expectations for the position named herein. I understand that it is not a contract and it does not constitute any guarantee of future employment.
UMA will NEVER ask you to send money or ask you to provide bank account information in order for you to get reimbursed for tools to work. If you have been contacted by someone claiming to be from UMA about a job posting, you can always verify the position at https://careers-ultimatemedical.icims.com/