Purpose of the Position:
The purpose of the Interview Specialist is to build our students’ confidence and improve their interviewing skills by providing professional guidance through the interview process, to ensure they are career ready.
The Interview Specialist reports to the Manager, Career Readiness.
UMA is a nonprofit healthcare educational institution with a national presence. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida and founded in 1994, UMA offers content-rich, interactive online programs as well as hands-on training at our Clearwater, Florida campus.
- Anticipated starting pay rate of $18.00 per hour
- Medical (including prescription), Dental, Vision (UMA subsidized)
- FSA/HSA (Depending on Medical Plan chosen)
- $50,000 Life Insurance (UMA paid)
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance (Team Member paid)
- Employee Assistance Program – EAP (UMA paid)
- Long Term Disability (UMA paid)
- Short Term Disability (Team Member paid)
- Supplemental Insurance such as Critical Illness, Accident, and Hospital (Team Member Paid)
- Paid Time Off – 15 days accrued in year 1, 9 holidays, and 1 day of Volunteering Time Off
- 401k (eligible upon completion of 90 days of employment and must be at least 21 years of age)
- Pet Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Successfully prepares students to effectively manage the interview process including practice interviews and a formal Resume Conversation.
- Clearly sets the expectations for real world interviews and can lead practice sessions with +5 students per day, ranging from 45 minutes to 1 hour and a half per conversation.
- Set the stage for the interview to be conducted on video (introduced the flow of the call and expectations).
- Clearly identifies and articulates unique action plans each student should pursue to improve their interviewing ability.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, rapport and professionalism (i.e. tone of voice and pace, stays positive and encouraging).
- Conversation Control (i.e. stays in control of the conversation; no tangents, stays on topic) and maintains an appropriate call length.
- Accurately portrays an employer leading a candidate through the interview process, by asking industry questions and evaluating responses based on designated rubric.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Support Institutional Initiatives
- Keep current on institutional goals, objectives, and progress
- Engage in institutional sponsored activities and initiatives as appropriate
- Lead with courage in support of change initiatives that impact organization
- Manages and assists in coordinating efforts between departments within UMA
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
Work Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Fulfills the requirements for this level consistent with policy SOP-Gen-207 Learner Services, Registrar, and Student Finance Title Change Plan.
- Associate degree or equivalent in education and experience.
- Two years in management, recruiting/human resources, or education.
- Ability to deliver outstanding student service.
- Demonstrated experience mentoring or assisting in the professional development of others.
- Able to professionally communicate in verbal and written English
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and other business tools such as Skype and Microsoft Teams
- Able to support a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5 years of experience in management, recruiting/human resources work or online education.
- This is a full-time remote position
- Internet Connection.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Requires long periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer leveraging phone and video platform.
- Requires occasional bending, stooping, and squatting.
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs.
Our institutional values are shaped and validated by our team members. They describe how we strive to operate and are the standards of behavior we look to embody.
ACT WITH INTEGRITY
We operate honestly and ethically in a compliant fashion. We are fair and trustworthy in our interactions with all we serve. Our team members, at all levels, lead by example and strive to do the right thing for our students and for each other. We are disciplined professionals who strive to be straightforward and dependable.
CHAMPION STUDENT OUTCOMES
We live by a strong commitment to our students and are passionate about preparing them for meaningful careers. We are deeply dedicated to ensuring students’ educational and career success. We excel at building our students’ confidence and empowering them to reach their full potential.
COMMIT TO TEAM MEMBER SUCCESS
We are committed to our team members’ success. We strive to create an environment that attracts and retains the best talent while offering continuous learning, professional development, and career growth opportunities. We recognize and reward our team members for their contributions to the organization and to our students.
PURSUE RESULTS WITH PURPOSE
We pursue results with a sense of purpose reflective of our student-centered mission. We take responsibility for supporting ambitious student outcomes and hold each other accountable to this end. We think strategically and critically, greet new ideas and challenges openly, and look for innovative solutions to challenges.
HAVE FUN. BUILD ENERGY
Enjoying what we do is central to achieving our goals. Building energy, having fun, being optimistic, and creating a positive working environment are all critical to our success and that of our students. We strive to be inspired and to inspire others. We consistently show appreciation and celebrate our successes, both large and small.
WORK AS ONE
We believe that diverse, inclusive teams produce breakthrough results. We strive to build and maintain positive relationships with team members from all types of backgrounds by showing respect and humility when interacting with each other and resolving conflicts in a constructive manner. By working together, we win together, ensuring that the goals of the institution are the focal point of our efforts.
UMA will NEVER ask you to send money or ask you to provide bank account information in order for you to get reimbursed for tools to work. If you have been contacted by someone claiming to be from UMA about a job posting, you can always verify the position at https://careers-ultimatemedical.icims.com/